“Nostalgia and great hot dogs and root bear”
Review of Frostop Drive Inn

Frostop Drive Inn
Ranked #4 of 188 Restaurants in Huntington
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I have been a customer of this restaurant for over 50 years. Now that I visit the town once a year, I must stop there. It is a simple place with good curb service. The hotdogs and root beer in a frosted mug are the main attraction. It is not fine dining, but it is cheap and tasty food and is a local favorite. About 1 mile from the Hampton Inn at I 64. Don't set your expectations for gourmet food and you will be pleased. Get a carry out and take your meal 2 minutes to Ritter park and you will have a very pleasant experience.

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed showing out daughter an authentic drive in/up. From the personal service to the frosty mug we had a great visit. For $2.45 one can't beat the price for their famous root beer float that's not too sweet but just right. Our hard to please 10 yr old said multiple times how much she enjoyed it.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

This place was on "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives". I was not impressed. It is your regular drive-in serving burgers, dogs, fries. I had the double cheese burger - two thin patties with cheese, mayo, lettuce, mustard, pickle. Everything is cooked to order so I expected my onion rings to be hot - they were not. For a better price and convenience I should have gone to Sonic or Steak and Shake.

1  Thank 231Liz
Reviewed 30 July 2013

And they aren't stingy with the ice cream! Old school drive-in -- hamburgers, hot dogs, corn dogs, BBQ...but it's the root beer that keeps me coming back.

Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Quick service while you sit in your car or picnic tables are available. Food is as one would expect from a drive in but is above average and I preferred it over a sonic any day.