“Bed bugs!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Huntington
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Absolutely disgusting! The bedding/mattress was infested!! Dozens of bugs covering the mattress! Owner didn't care whatsoever and said room could not be refunded! Choice hotels corporate didn't care either... I will never stay at another choice hotel and will be cutting their credit card up ASAP!

• Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed 26 June 2013

This is one of the older Quality Inns. It was still comfortable and cared for. We stayed five days and were just here to sleep. I felt it could be cleaner. They changed our towels and made the beds but it could have used a vacuuming during the stay. We had to ask for a second bar of soap. Breakfast was the usual items. It was very quiet. The staff were very helpful. When there was a problem, they were quick to take care of it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We were driving from North Carolina to Kansas City and had reserved a room. When we arrived at the hotel, it was very old, it seemed empty and I told my husband it was the Bates Hotel. I asked to see our room, and Bobbie gave us the key and said the room was in the back of the hotel. We went to the room, opened the door looked in and left. The bed looked as though someone had been in the bed and the covers were just thrown on the bed. We told the lady, Bobbie we did not want to stay there, and she said she could not cancel my reservation because she did not have the code. She told me to call Choice Hotels to cancel. When I called Choice Hotels, they said no problem. When the lady went into the system, Bobbie had put a note in there not to cancel my reservation, so they could not do it. We went back to the hotel and my husband went in to talk with Bobbie while I talked with Choice Hotel. The lady from Choice Hotel put me on hold and called Bobbie while my husband was still inside, and she said Bobbie would not take the note out of the system. She suggested I call Customer Relations and let them know what was going on. I called and talked with someone, who tried talking with Bobbie to remove the note, but she would not. Choice Hotel informed me they do not have control over the hotels, but if they charge my card, they told me to call back and they would see if they could give me a refund. When I called home several days later to check my messages, Bobbie from the hotel had called and left a message and said she talked with her manager and she cancelled the reservation. I have never had a problem like this with a Choice Hotel. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Nothing was good about the hotel. Sorry
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Halema R
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We stayed at Quality Inn the end of Feb. The front desk young lady that checked us was wonderful and the rooms were very clean! The beds were wonderful. We do plan on stay again on are next trip through Huntington. Great staff and great stay!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We stayed here one night in October 2012....We found the room clean and pleasant containing all necessities. Staff was pleasant and breakfast was good. I especially liked the taller than normal bed and commode.. We are seniors and this made it easier for us to use.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We was driving from michigan and my daughter have reserve the room and we end up to this dirty hole do not stay here
Very bad manner desk clerk and manager room was very dirty
Parking lot have beer bottle every where
In short no no no

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I stayed here with my husband and they put us in the last room,closest to the road. We heard the roar of cars all night. The ceiling and walls were peeling. Felt that it was a very dirty place. Immediately lysoled everything in the room. I hardly doubt that it is a newly refurbished hotel. Went to the front desk the following day to ask if we could get moved to a different room further away from the room,that was a no can do,so we went and stayed at the Holiday Inn in Barboursville. It cost $80 to stay at Quality Inn and $100 to stay at Holiday Inn. I will pay the extra $20 to be able to stay in a nice and clean hotel rather that Quality Inn.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple