“Nice room at a nice price,”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Huntington
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The room was clean and quiet. No fancy lobby yet the price was very attractive. I would stay there again. The free breakfast was OK. The hotel is situated near a highway yet there's little or no road noise in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Surprisingly clean, bathroom looks updated, bed comfortable,staff very nice,
continental breakfast excellent, fair price, good internet signal,
close to hospital and NO BUGS!

VERY HAPPY , Brian n Barb P 2/13/14

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The hotel is nice, but definitely the people who work here are wonderful. Snowed in and asked for a later check out and they were very helpful. Also the breakfast area was so clean and provided sweet and savory items. Yummy and hot.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room closer to the reception area that way you can have a shorter walk to the...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I was pretty nervous about what our room would look like when we pulled into the parking lot. This is an old motel, and looks pretty shabby from the outside. It doesn't feature interior corridors, so we had to climb rust-edged steps to our second floor room. Once we opened the door I felt better. This room had been recently renovated and the furniture was in good condition. The bath area looked brand new. It did not have the cheap motel deodorizer smell that I detest...no scent at all, which I think is good. The bad? There was a lot of highway noise, but the heat/ac running mostly covered it up. While the linens were spanking clean, there was a cigarette burn hole in one of the pillow cases.
We had a decent hot breakfast. The breakfast room was clean, not too crowded, and the staff was friendly. Overall, a pretty decent budget hotel; but the exterior definitely needs a facelift.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed at the Quality Inn in mid-November for a Conference at Marshall University. Since there were multiple people from my college attending, I booked 6 rooms with the Quality Inn. They were able to give me a discounted price on each night! They were always friendly and called me back if I didn't have an answer. The manager was extremely kind to me.

I was a bit skeptical about the rooms because of the reviews, but I thought they were GOOD! They were not a 5-Star Hotel Quality, but I thought they were cozy and comfortable. Beds were a bit small, but that is my only complaint! The rooms were cleaned each day and I found no spider webs, mold, etc. (as some other reviews have said). For the price I paid, I think the room was a great value!

Once I arrived back from the weekend, I thought I had left my glasses in the hotel. I called and asked if they had found anything in my room number. They said at that time they had not but would leave a note for the staff to search the room. The very next day I got a phone call letting me know they couldn't find my glasses. So thankful for them and the willingness to go out of their way for a customer.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay. The rooms were affordable, clean, and comfortable. The staff was always willing to help. I would suggest this hotel to anyone in Huntington.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank miker0509
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Not the best hotel I've stayed in before. I was in WV for the Marshall Half Marathon last weekend and met my mom at the hotel. The room was an ok size and the only reason I slept was because I was exhausted. The duvets had holes in them, the water pressure in the shower had close to no water pressure and the toilet paper roll holder was coming out of the wall. If I had the choice, I would have gone to another hotel, but they had already sold out.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I recently booked one night in this hotel through Choicehotels.com and was not given a choice of smoking or non-smoking. When I arrived, they only had one room left and it was a smoking room. It was disgusting. We couldn't breathe. Since they had no other rooms, we left and stayed at the Days Inn which was down the street and very nice. They will not give me a refund because they know I am not coming back. I would not stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple