Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane
Orbitz.com
US$110
US$69
  • Pool
Sleep Inn & Suites(Cross Lanes)
US$111
US$105
Best Western Huntington Mall Inn(Barboursville)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$68
US$145
US$137
All reviewsred roofroom was cleancoffee makerwater pressurekristywvhairdryermicrowaveinterstatecharlestonclerktub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I had put in when I reserved this room online that we would be getting in after midnight (actual 12:17a.m.) and the attendant could not hear that I had walked into the foyer. He was in his quarters watching the TV news and did not hear me. I suggested a note/bell to sound during those hours when someone comes in late. Red Roof had recently redone these rooms and they were very nice and comfortable, as always. We will continue to stay at Red Roof Inn in the future as always. They have clean, comfortabe rooms and their staff remains friendly, courteous, and professional always trying to help with any needs we may have. The price, which is very important to us, has stayed well within reach. As our family spreads out, and we need to travel to see them, Red Roof Inn continues to be our choice of stay. We are going to Pigeon Forge in June and already have our reservations there.

Room Tip: This is close to the innerstate but you hear no travel noise. There are places within walking distance to shop and eat. Within a few driving blocks you can pretty much have anything at your fingertips. The rooms on the backside are quiet but we found out (we stayed on the frontside) the frontside rooms are quiet as well.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Johna C
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Thank you for your review and welcome back. I'm glad you like our new rooms. We have worked very hard to update and improve the rooms so our guests can have a better experience staying with us. I agree with you that we are clean, comfortable, and affordable with a friendly staff. I wanted to let you know that we are adding hairdryers, irons and ironing boards to our Superior King roomtype so the next time you stay with us, you may want to check that out. Thanks again for your business and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

We had planned on staying at this location earlier and due to the construction. The only room left was smoking which would not work. We had to make another trip and I thought I would try this location again. So, glad I did…such a pleasant surprise. The room was immaculate the beds were so comfortable. The desk was a great new feature and we also had a refrigerator. I especially like the room they had dedicated to ice machine, snacks and fresh coffee. The fresh coffee and supplies were great and always plenty. Room service was prompt and ready to offer us any supplies that we might need. We will differnlty be staying at this location again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad you like our new rooms. We have worked very hard to update and upgrade the property with new beds, new flat screen televisions, new floors, new bathrooms, new furniture, and new softgoods. I believe a lot of people will be surprised just like you were when you saw the room. We are not yet finished with our renovation, but hope to be in another month or so. I'm glad you tried us again and hope more people will give us a try. Thanks for your business and I hope to see you again on your next trip through town.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Average facility decently maintained, well located near I64 W. All this is negated as soon as you enter the room. I have been in many bars and nightclubs that were not as smokey as this place. It is quite considering its location. It is better to get one of the rooms in the back of the hotel away from the main parking area.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Anthony H
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that your room had a smoking odor. Some of our smoking rooms have been smoked in for quite some time. I wanted to let you know that we will be starting a renovation soon and will becoming a smoke free hotel. Hopefully, this will address the issue you mentioned in your review. Thanks again for your business.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We needed a place we could stay with our dog. We usually stay at La Quinta, but there are none in West Virginia, so this was our other choice. The staff was nice enough. We needed to get more towels and washcloths since only 2 were in the room (for a 4 person room). The room was a bit run down, but adequate. The beds were bouncy. The TV reception was awful. It was like being back in 1972, but with more channels. Fortunately, we were only there for about 10 hours total. Very noisy area with traffic and the other guests were questionable. Beer bottles were a common sight, and one guest who decided to set off his car alarm and then leave at 4:30 AM.

Room Tip: Stay on back side where it's less noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you didn't have a great stay with us. We will address the issues you raised. I wanted to let you know that we will be remodeled soon to update the rooms and we are addressing the television issue and will be getting new flat screen televisions as well. We do appreciate your business and wanted to let you know that you and your dog are welcome anytime. I hope you try us again.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

My youngest son and I traveled from Jeffersonville,In to Hurricane,WV to help move my oldest son. Stayed on the ground floor. The room was very comfortable and clean. No road noise and was very easy to find right off the innerstate.

Room Tip: We stayed in the rooms out back the hotel. Very quiet for sound sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the kind words and I'm glad you chose to stay with us while you helped your son move. I agree that we are a clean and quiet hotel for stopovers like yours. I wanted to let you know that we will be undergoing renovations at the end of the year to update the rooms. Thanks again for your business.