“Great experience!”

Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hurricane
Reviewed 1 October 2013

My husband and I had to attend a funeral in Milton and stayed at this RR Inn. The room was spotless and the bedding was new. The bed was extremely comfortable. The staff was great and the location was perfect. There were several nice restaurants nearby. We'll stay here for the family reunion.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your comments on to my staff. I agree that we offer clean rooms with good service for a fair price. I look forward to seeing you for your family reunion. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Negative: There was a little dirt on the side of the toilet facing the tub. I only know this because I took a nice warm soak for my torn tendons in my foot. Otherwise, the room was immaculate.

Great king-size bed, low price, super gentleman checked us in at near midnight (it's the earlier lady trip advisors complain about apparently), lovely office space for my computer work and perfect wifi connection. Coffee/tea maker in the room with Lipton tea bags (thank you, thank you, thank you). The outside wasn't nice looking, but I didn't spend any time in the parking lot anyway. For me it's all about clean and everything working efficiently.

You will be very lucky to stay here. Next time we travel to Indiana from Virginia, we will stay here. Husband and I are very experienced travelers (went to see our latest grandchild).

Room Tip: They are probably all good rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SweetBetsy
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your detail and I do believe that we offer clean rooms, with a friendly staff for a fair price. It sounds like you stayed in our Superior King room with the large work area and coffee pot in the room. I think this does offer a few more amenities that some guests want for just a few more dollars. Still a very good value. Thanks for your business and I hope to see you again on your next trip. Congratulations on your new grandchild.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We were on I-64 in WV headed to NC and very tired. We chose this place because it was right off the highway. However, when making this particular trip again and needing to break it up, I will definitely look book this again.
The staff were very friendly at 11:00 pm. The room was immaculately clean, great bed, wonderful coffee in the room. We fell asleep immediately, had a great night's sleep and great start to the morning.
Have stayed in other RRI's and this one tops them all.

Room Tip: Hotel is situated behind a shopping center. Take side road going behind the shopping center (not pa...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you had a good stay with us and I hope to see you again on your trips. Thanks for clarifiying the location behind the plaza. I know we can be difficult to find the first time. I will pass your comments on to my staff. Thanks for your business.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

The Red Roof Inn was a decent place to stay. The room was clean, the staff was friendly and the location was great. The rates were reasonable. We would recommend this motel to anyone.

I would recommend calling the motel to make the reservation. On the website, coffee is listed in some rooms. Other amenities are also listed like that. By calling, you can be specific about what you want. Our room had a refrigerator and microwave, but no coffee or hair dryer. This wasn't a concern for us, because there is coffee in the lobby and I had my own hair dryer. The room rate varies according to the amenities in each room. Not a complaint, just a suggestion.

Stayed: August 2013
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate you pointing out that each room type has different ammenities for different rates. Our Superior King room does have a microfridge, coffee maker, hair dryer and iron in the room. Other room types have a few less ammenities, but do provide a good value. Thanks for your business and I hope to see you again on your next trip through town.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed in a double on the first floor. Room was very clean and fresh. Everything looked new. A relaxing place to be. Had all the amenities I would expect for the price. Staff was friendly and helpful. Motel is behind a shopping center, so we missed it at first.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you had a relaxing stay with us and liked our new rooms. Thanks for pointing out that we are behind Liberty Square Plaza and next to Putnam Village Plaza, that can be confusing for first time visitors. I hope to see you again on your next visit and we appreciate your business.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I have been trying to budget my money better in recent months and have been cutting corners on the type of hotels i stay in. I decided to try a Red Roof Inn for the first time and found one directly off I-64 in West Virginia during my travels. The King room had a good amount of space, a nice TV and relatively comfortable bed. It was lacking a desk to do any type of work at. Bathroom was clean and although there was minimal supplies compared to most hotels, there was still plenty to work with. Bed sheet had small stain or burn, but nothing I couldn't look past. Comment card for cleanliness left in the room was ironically the dirtiest most stained thing in there. In the end it was a place to stay. Practically no amenities. But really, that is a lot of the reason they're able to charge so much less. Which I'll gladly take to save some money since I rarely use amenities hotels have to offer.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you for your review. I'm glad we can help you save some money during your travels. It sounds like you were in one of our smaller, Standard King rooms. For a desk and work area, I would recommend our Superior King room which does have a larger work area, coffee maker, iron and board, hair dryer, and microfridge for just a few more dollars. No frills, just a clean, comfortable room. Thanks for your business, and I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I'm not comparing this to Marriott. But then again.....I'm talking to those if you who are trying to find something in this price range that is surprisingly modern and clean. The appointments in these rooms are more typical of $120/night hotel. Faux hardwood floors. Clean! I've been very disappointed when paying $120 at a Marriott, when I could have paid this price at Red Roof. And frankly, I'd rather park in front of my door. Easier to tote stuff. Halls can be gross in big hotels. AND, the pain of it costing $120. Ouch. Try this Red Roof, and have a few more dinners out with the extra.

• Stayed: July 2013
RedRoofManager, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Thank you for your review. I appreciate your value comparison and I want to clarify that we are an economy hotel and therefore do not have a lot of extra ammenities that a Marriott would have. I do agree that we provide a clean comfortable room with good service for a fair price. Our Superior King room does also now offer a hairdryer, iron and board, coffee maker and a microfridge. Thank you for your business and I hope to see you again on your next trip through town.

Jon Campbell, General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurricane
Holiday Inn Express Winfield - Teays Valley
Red Roof Inn Huntington
Red Roof Inn Huntington
#3 of 12 in Huntington
Wyndham Garden Hotel Cross Lanes Charleston
Hampton Inn Winfield/Teays Valley
Best Western Huntington Mall Inn
Mardi Gras Casino & Resort

Been to Red Roof Inn Charleston West - Hurricane? Share your experiences!