“Thank you!”

Holiday Inn Express Winfield - Teays Valley
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Hurricane
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I did not stay at this particular Holiday Inn Express because there were no rooms available, but the desk attendant was kind enough to phone another Holiday Inn Express and not only helped to book a room, but also gave directions to the new hotel. It was very nice to encounter an employee who so genuinely wanted to help. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were in town for an archery competition. The room was clean, which is vital to me! The breakfast buffet was well stocked. We loved to pool and hot tub, the warm pool water felt wonderful after a long day on the road! We will stay here again, when in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This is an older hotel, but it has been renovated so it is in decent condition. Beware that you will hear folks walking around overhead. My room faced the back so it was nice and quiet, as they have quite a busy highway in front. I find the breakfast selection at Holiday Inn Express to be below the offerings of Hampton or Fairfield, but with that being said it was adequate. My biggest complaint is that the exercise room does not open until 6:00am, so if you want to get an early start and still workout it will not happen at this hotel. Most hotels now have 24 hour access, and this fitness room is in an isolated area away from guest rooms.
All in all not bad, but not great either.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sherpa2286
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winfield - Teays Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Sherpa2286,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I would like to offer a sincere apology for the inconvenience the noise had caused you. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 31 March 2014

After a long drive, I was greeted warmly by Tanner at the front desk. I was in town for a funeral. Tanner assured me that the bereavement rate was the best possible rate. My room was spacious and nice. The bed was super comfortable and I loved the assortment of pillows! The shower was also very nice, plenty of hot water and water pressure!

I didn't have breakfast, but several friends did and they said it was very good. I did enjoy the in-room coffee maker.

The hotel is close to service stations, restaurants and easily accessible to the interstate. I was traveling alone, but felt safe.

The only negative is that when I opened the refrigerator to put some bottled water in it, there were leftovers from the previous guest. I told Tanner, the desk clerk, about it ... I wasn't upset, I just wanted him to know. He made a note for the housekeepers. He apologized. I told him it was okay, things like that happen.

Overall, it was a nice stay. I would stay again and would happily recommend this property to friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

This holiday inn was very nice. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The staff was friendly and made our stay the best it could be.

Pros: The breakfast was hot, flavourful, and abundant. The rooms were large with a fridge.

Cons: the blow dryer in the room looked like a left over from the seventies. The pool and hot tub were out of service for our entire stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winfield - Teays Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear Mike B,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. We are very happy that you liked our breakfast selections. We also appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind words for the staff. Whilst, please accept our apologies for falling short of your expectations with some of the room amenities. Your comments will be forwarded to the hotel for consideration of future upgrades. We hope that you take the time to stop in for a visit soon to see how we have taken every comment very seriously in order to make your future stays with us as pleasant as possible.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Had reservations at adjacent hotel but didn't like the location or the look of the place. Lucked out in that there just been a cancellation, and the other gal at the desk thought to remind the check in clerk of that fact. Rooms were nice and clean, and roomy. Husband just can't sleep on the extra thick pillows that seem to be the norm nowadays. We approached a room service attendant on the lower floor, and she immediately brought up two small pillows. Always appreciate the extra lighting and large work area. Breakfast tasty, but getting tired of the watery scrambled eggs we seem to be encountering everywhere. Appreciated the low cost guest laundry after being on the road for 10 days. Nearby restaurants and

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Our party of 5 stayed in a suite (one King bed, one Queen bed and rollaway). The room was huge and appeared to be either fairly new or recently redecorated. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The only thing I would change is to make the sofa in the room a pull-out. Instead, we had to move the sofa and other furniture around to make room for a rollaway. The breakfast was very good, and the breakfast room was very attractive with a fireplace. The desk clerk and breakfast room staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurricane
Hampton Inn Winfield/Teays Valley
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 4 in Cross Lanes
Mardi Gras Casino & Resort
Hampton Inn Charleston - Southridge

Been to Holiday Inn Express Winfield - Teays Valley? Share your experiences!