Holiday Inn Express Winfield - Teays Valley
Hotels.com
US$69
Motel 6
  • Pool
Sleep Inn & Suites(Cross Lanes)
US$110
SleepInn
US$104
Best Western Huntington Mall Inn(Barboursville)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$68
US$139
US$131
All reviewsroom was cleanred roof innwould stay againfront desk persona great place to staypillowswinfieldthermostathousekeeper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Hotel staff were watching tv when we arrived at 11pm and had to get up from the table in the lobby to come behind the desk to check us in. When our mapquest directions led us to the wrong exit off the interstate, we called the hotel direct for help with directions. The night desk person did not even know what exit the hotel was off of and did not have any helpful advice on how to find the location. Upon checking out, the hotel staff was sitting (again) watching tv in the customer breakfast area and had to get up to come behind the desk to help facilitate check out. Lastly, the elevator had a simple printed sign that said "no more than 5 people at a time please." The sign was not professional and if the elevator was rated for only 2500lbs (which we looked at once we got on the elevator, having seen the simple sign)--shouldn't the sign be something that is a placard that looks crisp and like it belongs. Instead the sign looked like the equivalent of a "wet paint" sign that was hung up as an afterthought. Very disappointed in the overall professionalism and lack of customer service. First impressions and final impressions were poor. Positives: The room was clean, our kids loved the pool and the breakfast was great. We will not be staying at this location again nor recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Winfield - Teays Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Egrant907,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The Holiday Inn Express Winfield or Hurricane West Va is just North on Route 34 at exit 39 off of I-64. I stayed there for 4 nights in June to go to the West Va Jubilee at Teays Valley Baptist Church. I booked an express deal on price line and got a suite with 2 TV's. The room was nice, the beds very comfortable and they have a very nice breakfast. They have an indoor pool and hot tube that are well kept. I highly recommend it. The location is almost half way between Huntington and Charleston so there is plenty to do in the area. There are restaurants and shopping just across the road.

Room Tip: Ask for as King Suite
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stay here on my way out to Kentucky to see my son, and this is now the 2nd time I've been here. The room was emaculate, the woman who checked me in at the desk was awesome, we discussed the upcoming Belmont Stakes, and she was helpful in finding me a nice restaurant to have dinner. It was quiet, and accomodating and I especially enjoy their breakfast they offer with the price. All in all, I find this establishment a great stay and a very well done Breakfast. I even heard a truck driver comment about how he has been all over the country, and this particular Holiday Inn Express puts out the best breakfast, which means a lot for those on the go. Thank you to the manager for running a clean and respectable place of which all those who work here should be very proud of. Location is right off the Interstate, which is also helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I did not stay at this particular Holiday Inn Express because there were no rooms available, but the desk attendant was kind enough to phone another Holiday Inn Express and not only helped to book a room, but also gave directions to the new hotel. It was very nice to encounter an employee who so genuinely wanted to help. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were in town for an archery competition. The room was clean, which is vital to me! The breakfast buffet was well stocked. We loved to pool and hot tub, the warm pool water felt wonderful after a long day on the road! We will stay here again, when in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family