“A Great Meal & Evening!”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #39 of 54 Restaurants in Hurricane
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Gosh - I'm glad I didn't read these reviews BEFORE I ate there because I would have stayed away.

As it was, a long-time friend and I met up and decided to try out the Applebee's (because it was less crowded than the Bob Evans next door). The place was full, and we had no delays - we were seated promptly, our server was at our table before we knew it (and was wonderfully kind and helpful), and the food was delicious.

Maybe we came on a "good" night - but I'd recommend that travelers give it another try!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I honestly don't know why we bother half the time... the best thing to even do is order carryout and pray the order is right. The service at this location is extremely SLOW, even if there are only 5 tables in the place. Tried a few times in the last few months and it's always the same...

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just stay away from this restaurant. They always conveniently just "ran out" of the food we chose to order. This facility is always dirty, slow, food that seems like yesterday's left-overs......and they take the management position that they do not want another restaurant moving into the same mall location. They even filed a lawsuit to prevent competition. They should welcome competition!

But, they have chosen to serve horrible food, provide terrible service and act as though they are a fantastic restaurant. Will NOT return to this place.

1  Thank dafacct
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

When I think of Applebee's I don't really think "fresh". This has been proven every time I've eaten at an Applebee's. when we arrived it took a couple minutes for the hostess to get us to a table and we were the only ones waiting. She was in the middle of a conversation with another hostess and greeted us 3 times before actually walking off talking.. I was unsure if I was following her or not. She didn't place the silverware either and eventually the food and drinks were served without utensils to eat. Our waitress was wonderful though. Service was quick. Applebee's needs to revamp their menu though, it's going down hill fast and the quality is poor. It's processed chicken on your salad, not an actual chicken breast that's been grilled... Like it should be for a 10 dollar salad. It will probably be another 3 or 4 years before I choose to eat at an Applebee's but its not a reflection of this location. It was clean with friendly attentive waitresses.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Have previously had good experience at this chain restaurant...but 2 bad restaurants in 2 states in 2 weeks...Take out this time....food only in take out bag! No napkins, etc. ...and no catsup for Fries which was okay I guess since the Fries were not fit for cosnsumption! No more Applebees until we get to the one in FL we like...