“Hotel property fine, not a great location”

Hampton Inn Martinsburg South - Inwood
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Inwood
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The hotel property was fine - typical solid Hampton Inn with a clean ,comfortable room and buffet breakfast. Only issue is the location - isolated off an I-81 interchange. For a decent dinner you need to drive north to Martinsburg or south to Virginia - otherwise you'll have to eat fast food.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Howard S

Reviewed 25 July 2011

we usually stay at Comfort Inns but this hotel was a wonderful experience and we will be staying at Hampton Inns in the future.. The staff was amazing! Friendly, they go beyond the call of duty, to make your visit comfortable. Thank you Hank and Morgan for making us feel right at home,Our room was spacious and super clean. This Hotel is spotless!
The only thing negative I could say , is that there are few really good eating places in the area of Inwood. If you want a clean, wonderfully friendly, accommodating place to stay , stay at this hotel, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Clean premises, professional staff, and comfortable beds, just like every other Hampton I've stayed in. The reason I choose Hampton's are their consistency. The free breakfast was worth every penny. Just awful. Scrambled egg pellets from a bag, no breakfast meat and the cheapest plastic utensils imaginable. Coffee was good though and the attendent stayed busy cleaning up every little drip. Would stay again but have breakfast at Shoney's.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I've stayed at this Hampton Inn numerous times since it is in an area where I often go motorcycling. The property is neat and updated and the staff is friendly. I particularly appreciate their courtesy in allowing me to park my bike under the covered entrance without giving me the "it's a fire hazard" nonsense that I get at some other hotels.

My one nit with this Hampton is that there is no wi-fi in the rooms. Although they have an ethernet wire available, that is useless with tablets and smart phones. I also wish that there were more dining options in the area. Having been there a number of times, I pretty much end up at the same restaurant, unless I want to ride 15 min. to Martinsburg. My deduction for sleep quality is based on slamming doors and not the room itself. Since most guests do not have the courtesy to close doors quietly, it would be great if hotels developed a better door closing mechanism. I've been to one or two places that have a soft door closing mechanism and it makes quite a difference.

This is one of the better Hampton Inns that I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Typically great Hampton Inn. Desk staff was super helpful providing us with options for Dinner. They also found a couple of books for my colleague to read, since she had forgotten hers.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2011

It includes complimentary breakfast and the service is excellent.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Inwood for 1 night. The gentleman who checked us in was friendly and efficient. Other staff we met in the morning were also friendly. The room was very clean and in good repair. The bed sheets were especially soft. Our room had a microwave and refrigerator. The bathroom had a night light which I always appreciate. (By the way, the closet is hidden behind the big floor to ceiling mirror next to the bathroom.) The hotel was generally very quiet, but since our room faced the road I could occasionally hear a jake brake or siren. We had to leave early in the morning so grabbed one of their breakfast to go bags with water, an apple, cereal bar, and muffin, which was enjoyable. Overall the stay was enjoyable and I’d stay at the hotel again if I were in the area.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank usroadman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inwood
Hampton Inn Martinsburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Martinsburg
Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry
Clarion Inn Harpers Ferry
#1 of 3 in Harpers Ferry

Been to Hampton Inn Martinsburg South - Inwood? Share your experiences!