“NO wifi”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Inwood
Miami Beach
“NO wifi”
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I love Hampton Inn and stay in them whenever I travel but I was disappointed in this one. I have never stayed in a Hampton Inn with no Wifi in the rooms so I didn't think to ask. after checking in I called the front desk to ask about the access code and the night manager informed me that there was none. She couldn't have cared less and seemed like she wanted to get me off the phone. Just not the care or consistency I am accustomed to at these hotels. Next time I will stay 7 miles up the road at the Hampton Inn in Martinsburg. 8/10/11

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TravellerSav

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Washington, DC
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We wanted a place to spend the night near Harpers Ferry. The options for hotels and not B&Bs near Harpers Ferry are pretty slim and pretty grim. I suggested to my friend that we take the extra 1/2-hour drive and try this Hampton Inn.

I admit, I was a bit concerned when we showed up and saw a shuttle for "Vixens" nightclub at the door. There were also a large number of Direct TV vans outside, which was just odd. Once we got through the door, though, the lobby was standard Hampton Inn. The guy checking us in was nice and efficient, and even asked if the 1st floor was okay (it wasn't, so he found us a higher one).

The room was also standard and in good shape. Our double bed room (2 doubles) had a fridge and microwave which could come in handy and all the other standard accoutrements. The water pressure was a bit lacking, though.

For whatever reason, we didn't get a great sleep. That can happen anywhere, but in this case, it could have been the people partying nearby. We didn't alert the management to this, and I certainly don't fault them for it!

We had the complimentary breakfast, and it was your standard spread--we had a fresh made waffle and a few other things on the side. The eggs were out by the time I got there. I'm not sure what time they end, but we made it there at the tail end, and I remember feeling it was early. So, ask when you check in.

As others mentioned, the surroundings are not bucolic or charming. It is your standard "off-Interstate" location. It IS convenient for people on the road--there are several fast food restaurants nearby as well as a shopping center with a grocery store. Two major drugstores are also nearby (though closed when we drove in around 10). And, hey, Vixens picks you up! :) Once I saw the offerings in Harpers Ferry, I was really glad I had decided to book here. It really is one of the best options. If you want something to do at night, Charles Town casino/racetrack is midway between Harpers Ferry and there. All in all, it was as I expected!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Depew, New York
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Stopped on the way from the Outer Banks. wanted to visit Charles Town Casino. The Holiday Inn was full near the Casino It was also way overpriced compared to last year. The Hampton Inn was nearby it was reasonably priced and had one of the best free breakfast buffet that I had.

Room Tip: check the West Virginia welcome center for the best rate
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Philly
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The hotel property was fine - typical solid Hampton Inn with a clean ,comfortable room and buffet breakfast. Only issue is the location - isolated off an I-81 interchange. For a decent dinner you need to drive north to Martinsburg or south to Virginia - otherwise you'll have to eat fast food.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Howard S
Huddleston, Virginia
Reviewed 25 July 2011

we usually stay at Comfort Inns but this hotel was a wonderful experience and we will be staying at Hampton Inns in the future.. The staff was amazing! Friendly, they go beyond the call of duty, to make your visit comfortable. Thank you Hank and Morgan for making us feel right at home,Our room was spacious and super clean. This Hotel is spotless!
The only thing negative I could say , is that there are few really good eating places in the area of Inwood. If you want a clean, wonderfully friendly, accommodating place to stay , stay at this hotel, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
DREXEL HILL
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Clean premises, professional staff, and comfortable beds, just like every other Hampton I've stayed in. The reason I choose Hampton's are their consistency. The free breakfast was worth every penny. Just awful. Scrambled egg pellets from a bag, no breakfast meat and the cheapest plastic utensils imaginable. Coffee was good though and the attendent stayed busy cleaning up every little drip. Would stay again but have breakfast at Shoney's.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Maryland
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I've stayed at this Hampton Inn numerous times since it is in an area where I often go motorcycling. The property is neat and updated and the staff is friendly. I particularly appreciate their courtesy in allowing me to park my bike under the covered entrance without giving me the "it's a fire hazard" nonsense that I get at some other hotels.

My one nit with this Hampton is that there is no wi-fi in the rooms. Although they have an ethernet wire available, that is useless with tablets and smart phones. I also wish that there were more dining options in the area. Having been there a number of times, I pretty much end up at the same restaurant, unless I want to ride 15 min. to Martinsburg. My deduction for sleep quality is based on slamming doors and not the room itself. Since most guests do not have the courtesy to close doors quietly, it would be great if hotels developed a better door closing mechanism. I've been to one or two places that have a soft door closing mechanism and it makes quite a difference.

This is one of the better Hampton Inns that I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inwood
Hampton Inn Martinsburg
Quality Inn Spring Mills - Martinsburg North
Bavarian Inn
Bavarian Inn
#1 of 3 in Shepherdstown

Been to Hampton Inn Martinsburg South - Inwood? Share your experiences!