Aghveran Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Arzakan
Reviewed 18 February 2014

After a tiring and exhausting working days Aghveran Hotel was the best thing to happen with us. We joined with my BBF to an event organised at the Hotel. Socializing with the event guests, walking along the wide outdoor area of the hotel we after spent a splendid evening which was completed by a cheerful party at the inside pool. Room comfort, morning walk in a fresh air and relaxing chat with a coffee in the cafe prepared us for coming working routine.

Room Tip: Any room is perfect depending on the guests and demands. Rooms with views at the entrance side are g...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DavitMkoyan, Public Relations Manager at Aghveran Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Indeed, BEST WESTERN Aghveran Hotel is the best place to spend you weekend. We pay great attention to details when organising events and it is a pleasure to hear that we do our job well.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Please stay in touch with us and we look forward to welcoming you again at BEST WESTERN Aghveran Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We got there quite late in the evening, and the hotel seemed to be somewhere in the forest.
But next day in the morning it turned out to be a really nice place surrounded with a huge forest. Not sure whether its true, but the staff said they have deer in the forest.
Rooms were nice and tidy, service was fine for this part of the world.
Too many people in the swimming pool, couldnt really get in there.
Surpisingly they had a bowling alleys in the hotel. Overall, very good value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the forest side have a lovely view
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
DavitMkoyan, Public Relations Manager at Aghveran Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

We are happy to hear that you liked our hotel. The forest surrounding us is really huge and there are indeed deer in the forest. Our bowling alley is very popular among our guests. We hope next time you visit us you will also enjoy our swimming pool.
Once again thank you for your review, we hope to see you again in BEST WESTERN Aghveran Hotel.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Sadly, due to a screw up on my part, I didn't get to stay the night as planned in the conference hotel. However, In was checked in and did have an opportunity not only to participate in a conference in the hotel, but also to see the room that should have been mine!

It may have been the direction from which we approached the hotel, but it did seem to be way out of reach of anything else, and I wasn't expecting what I found to be as good as it was. This is a really excellent conference hotel with all of the modern conveniences you'd expect for such a conference centre 9although the conference mike system was a little flaky and upset our simultaneous translator by blanking out mid sentence a few times.

This is a modern, clean, well appointed hotel with a great staff, good food, and great service. I wish I had more time here.

I'd say it makes a good venue for events where you want none of the delegates to be focused upon anything but the business in hand, and not to be distracted by anything outside the hotel (as far as I could see there was nothing to distract)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
DavitMkoyan, Owner at Aghveran Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Glad you liked the hotel. It is indeed very convenient for conferences. Hope you will stay next time you come for a conference. Thank you for coming up and visiting and thanks for the review!

Reviewed 29 April 2013

i have been in this hotel in january,i was with my friends...everything was excellent.food was delicious.it was very warm inside,but there was also air conditioning so we could set exact temperature we need...pool was very convinient and water was fine...outside there was a large and beautiful place with nice view,where we were playing snowballs...the next day the hotel gave us a mini bus with its driver who took us to Tsaghkadzor where we enjoy ropeway and skiing.and brought us back,... so everything was on highest quality..and also service was very good ..they were very pleasant to us....next time i think i will go in summer,because there are more entertainments in summer. and i advise everyone to go there and enjoy

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Misha M
Reviewed 24 December 2012

The hotel has its pluses and minuses, but I'm afraid there are more minuses... The location is very good, surrounding nature is very nice, the staff was polite and very considerate but:
- it was terribly hot in the hotel, when we asked to shut down the heating in the conference hall they said it was central, so we were literally melting;
- food was not bad, served as a buffet breakfast/lunch/dinner but with poor selection of dishes, e.g. only one garnish at a time, and I haven't seen a single fruit in the hotel;
- the indoor pool that attracted us was almost ice-covered and the staff kept promising it will get warmer by the next morning/evening, but it didn't and we never used it during the 3 days we spent there;
- our double room was pretty small (# 203) and the only thing that the room service did was changing the napkins pack or adding toilet paper - this is about the cleanliness of the hotel;
- the builidng itself is not convenient, it's a long narrow one so you do a lot of walking which may be good if you are not traveling with a 9-month-old baby. Only one elevator for which you have to wait for almost 10 minutes! Besides, there is only one way of getting to the conference halls/eating area on the 2 floor - through the reception area - you have to go down from your room and then go to eat or swim and same on the way back - go to the reception after the pool and then get to your room on whichever floor;
- half of the toys at the children's room was broken or out of order.
I didn't pay for the hotel as it was a business trip but I bet it will be pretty expensive. There are so many other hotels in the same village that offer better value for the money you pay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank milen13
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Hi to everybody :)
I wanna deal with you about my perceptions :)
I have been in many hotels in Armenia and I can say that Aghveran hotel is one of the bests. I was there first in winter, we were at the meeting on education issues: I liked the big hall were our presentation took place. It was very comfortable there and it helped us to make really a good presentation.
Besides the big hall, I also liked the beautiful nature surrounding the hotel, and I think, it can be really cool to celebrate the New Year there.
So, I advice students , business people or just travelers to visit Aghveran resort at least once to spend a great time:)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Tatevik S
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I’ve been to Aghveran Hotel in June… I went there with my friends for a week.
First of all the landscape was wonderful, in front of the hotel there was a very beautiful mountain, with a little forest, and we climbed it to meet the sunrise…. I can’t describe the beauty we saw… Now I think everyone should see it. It was magnificent….. In front of the hotel there was also a nice garden, with roses and other beautiful flowers… there was a playground, where kids played all day long.
As for the hotel, it was very clean, rooms were clean too and convenient, with TV and refrigerator.
Food was very delicious and we had a great choice… there always were various salads, meet, fish, vegetables. They also had a big choice of drinks….
We met there many new friends, and spent together lots of time playing various games.. We played tennis, volleyball, basketball, football, ping-pong , poker ,water-volleyball, bowling and so….
At nights we went to the party, which was organized near the pool… We enjoyed our time very much.
We and our new friends spent so good time together, that it was very sad to us to leave the hotel and each other… And now we’ve organized to go to Aghveran hotel once again for a week, and I’m looking forward to it… I’m sure I will enjoy the time I will spend there with my friends…….
I will never forget my holiday at Aghveran Hotel

Room Tip: corner suites were large and overlooked a very beautiful landscape
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Arman T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arzakan
1 mi away
#6 of 17 in Tsakhkadzor
Tsaghkadzor Marriott Hotel
Tsaghkadzor Marriott Hotel
#1 of 17 in Tsakhkadzor

Been to Aghveran Hotel? Share your experiences!