Coco Plum Island Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Thatch Caye, a Muy'Ono Resort(Coco Plum Cay)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Tobacco Caye Paradise(Tobacco Caye)
  • Restaurant
Tobacco Caye Lodge(Tobacco Caye)
  • Beachfront
Blue Marlin Beach Resort(South Water Caye)
  • Restaurant
Bonefish Hotel(Dangriga)
Chaleanor Hotel(Dangriga)
Riverside Hotel(Dangriga)
1,115 results
All reviewsmayan ruinsour honeymooninland tourszip liningfishsnorkeling tripscave tubingevery mealother guestspaddle boardingamazing vacationbar snacksnew friendshot saucebelizean dreamsmosquito bitesmoment you arrive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Amazing. As so many others have stated, the staff is just phenomenal! We visited early August, the "rainy season", and saw rain for abt an hour (the whole week). Shannon and Ms. Sue can cook! All meals were delicious, and my sweet boyfriend is very picky! The island is private, only 14 cabanas.

It's very secluded, so bring what you need. They provide beach towels, wish I had known bc they took up a lot of space in my carry on (we never check bags).

PS it's not just a place for honeymooners, although we did get that package bc it fit our requests the best.

Again, the staff made things very enjoyable. Thanks: Renee', Bella, George, Shannon, Ms. Ruby, Erwin, Sheldon, Francisco, Steve & Leo!!!!
-Dustin & Kiki

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Kioka
cpmanager, Reservations Supervisor/Guest services at Coco Plum Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Hi Ms. Blissful,

The weather was quite surprising I must say! This rainy season has been pretty dry for the most part and we are glad that your vacation wasn't rainy and you got to enjoy Blissful Coco Plum. Our staff is what makes Coco Plum what it is, they are all awesome!! I guess it's safe to day you are officially now a Coco Plum Islander! You are right about us not being just for honeymooners. We have had families with adult children, friends, and couple celebrating the anniversaries vacation with us. We hope you are able to visit your new island home in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

My husband and I spent a week at Coco Plum for his R&R, and our honeymoon. It was such a wonderful place to be to get away from it all. There was a pretty bumpy boat ride to the Caye, but once you got there, you forgot all about it. The island is small, with private cabanas, each with their own great view. The staff were all friendly and extremely helpful. We made friends with some other vacationers on the Caye, and while she was putting sunscreen on, her wedding ring fell into the ocean from the dock. Of course she was devastated. One of the staff members jumped right in an actually found her ring! Everyone there was really just wonderful. The food was really good, and they were able to accommodate my food allergy. The activities that were planned were great as well. We opted for cave tubing, zip-lining, visiting the Mayan ruins, and snorkeling. Just the right amount of activity and lounging. The cons that I could think of would be two things: #1 we stayed in the Mangrove cabana (I believe the last one from the main facility), and the walkways in the evening were so poorly light. Some lighting along the walkways would have been helpful. #2 Our entire week there was all inclusive, which is great, except my husband and I don't care for liquor. We are more beer drinkers, and there wasn't much of a selection. This is where the helpful staff came to the rescue. On one of their runs to the main island, they acquired some different beer for us. We really can't say enough about how wonderful the staff is there! We had a great time at Coco plum, and look forward to coming back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon to Coco Plum. It was PERFECT! We zip-lined and "cave-tubed" on Tuesday, then went snorkeling Wednesday, (could have gone Thursday, too, but opted not to), then we just sat on the beach Thursday and Friday. It was the perfect amount of activities and lounging. There are PLENTY of lounge chairs in the shade or in the sun for both of you to sit on, lots of hammocks, and kayaks, paddle boards, and other water toys to play with, too. The Wifi was pretty reliable, too, in case you want to get on Facebook or check email (which you shouldn't be doing!). There were 3 meals a day with mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks. My husband and I LOVED that we could just go sit in the dining room and have food brought out to us without ordering it. We loved just about everything they brought out. If you're more of a picky eater, I'm sure you can just discuss it with them beforehand, so they can accommodate you. The all-inclusive drink section was also pretty expansive, so we felt no need to order any drink that cost money, but there was a happy hour every afternoon where the drinks you have to pay for were half off. It was fun to mingle with other honeymooners, but we also spent plenty of time just the two of us. All in all, it was a fantastic trip!!!! The only thing I could even think about kind of complaining about was getting all the way to the island. I'm not a big fan of "puddle jumper" planes, so the Maya Island Air flight out of the Belize City airport scared me a bit. But it was totally fine and legitimate, I'm just a baby! The boat ride from Dangriga to Coco Plum was really pretty and relaxing too, just took a little bit to get out there. But don't let that discourage you!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Caroline K

Hi Caroline,

Thanks for your 5 star review. We are happy that you enjoyed our little piece of paradise. You are right about accommodating picky eaters. As long as we know in advance what are your food preferences or allergies we try to accommodate our guest to the best of our ability. The ambiance of the island is pretty laid back and you can choose how active you want your honeymoon or island getaway to be. We are glad that Coco Plum was everything you wanted for your honeymoon.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

This place really is like the pictures! We had the most amazing time. We were treated like family. The food was wonderful. The staff was so nice. The cabanas are private and each has a great view. The bartenders are awesome! Chef Shannon and Jude are great chefs. This island is private and has something for everyone. You can relax,fish,swim,hang out,go on inland tours and more. We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: I could go on and on about this piece of paradise.. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
cpmanager, Reservations Supervisor/Guest services at Coco Plum Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Hi Jill,

Thanks so much for such a short and sweet review. We try our best to make all of guest feel like family while on the island. We are glad that our island is picture perfect to you. We hope to see you soon on your newly found island home.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My fiance and I recently returned from Coco Plum Island Resort, which is a 16 acre private island resort about 9 miles off the cost of Dangriga, Belize. We stayed 10 days, 9 nights in June and it was amazing! Once you land in BZE, you hop on a small plane to Dangriga. This is roughly an 18 minute flight. I was really scared but it was easy, the pilot was nice and it was way less scary than I imaged. Once in Dangriga, a Coco Plum representative is waiting. You take a short drive through the town of Dangriga to a small skiff boat which takes you to paradise. The boat ride can get a little crazy, they call it the Belizean Rodeo, but it is all part of the fun and adventure.

Once there, you are greeted with welcome drinks and a tour of the island. Your bags are delivered to your room and everybody immediately knows your name. There are roughly 14 free standing cabanas that all face the ocean. We had Cabana Kimi. Originally I was disappointed because it is one of the smaller ones and a little back from the ocean but still ocean front with nothing blocking the view. It ended up being perfect! It was close enough to the restaurant/bar area that I could easily run back to the room but far enough that it still felt private. All rooms have very good A/C, a mini fridge, water jugs, a safe that will fit a small laptop and a coffee maker. Our king size bed was SO comfortable. And we never had any problems with electricity or hot water. I do recommend bringing water bottles to fill and put in the fridge so you can have cold water. All cabanas also have a deck and a hammock and they pull very comfy beach beds out by the ocean everyday. The entire island is racked everyday and all seaweed is removed so it is clean and beautiful. They do a great job!

You really can be as social or private as you want to be. I would say we experienced a bit of both but where typically more private. We spent a lot of time on south beach which is at the far south end of the island. There are no cabanas or other people there but there are 2 huts with 4 hammocks and 2 beach beds and ocean on 3 sides. It is so private and relaxing. I read several books there while my husband fished. You can even ask the bartenders for a thermos of beer to take with you if you're so inclined. We also spent time on the pier and swam in the ocean and on our own beach beds. We also kayaked and used the paddle boat to go around the island together. But we also spent time playing volleyball with the locals and hanging out at the bar. There is usually somebody at the bar if you feel like socializing and Sergio and George will do a good job keeping you entertained. We met several couples that we really enjoyed talking to. It was the perfect mix of socializing and seclusion.

They have plenty of activities on the island. The locals start a volleyball game everyday around 4:30. There are tons of Kayaks, SUPs, a peddle boat and a catamaran. Again, George or Sergio will take you out on the catamaran during their break if you do not know how to sail. George even caught a couple of lobsters for a couple for there dinner while we were there. There are tons of hammocks around and beach beds and other chairs. Places to sit and relax everywhere. My husband fished from every part of the island. Most people go to the bar after dinner, we rarely did. After a day in the sun, we were exhausted! We usually went to bed after dinner but you could definitely stay up and have fun also.

The food was fantastic! For breakfast we had scrambled eggs, ham and cheese croissant, homemade cinnamon rolls, fry jacks, fish hash, breakfast burrito, etc. All the breads were delicious and homemade. So fresh. They would usually be served at 9:30 for a snack also. For lunch we had delicious seafood stew, chicken strips, fried fish and other things I can't remember. Snacks are served between 4 and 4:30 and it is usually nachos, freshly made chips and salsa, chicken wings, fried fish strips, etc. For dinner we always got the combo. Stuffed pork tenderloin, sauteed shrimp, conch steak, Belizean buffet with fried snapper. Some meals were spectacle and better than others but all were delicious. Everything is homemade and fresh and you get a good idea of what real Belizean food is. If somebody went out fishing that day, they would cook up your fish however you wanted it - blackened, grilled, fried, your choice. It was amazing.

The ocean there is amazing. Wildlife was abundant. We saw huge sting rays, nurse sharks, starfish, snapper, barracuda, the pet crocodile, Rebecca. It was fun just to sit at the pier and watch all the fish nearby. We also took 2 different snorkling trips. One to saltwater caye and the other to looe key. Both were very fun and Crispin and Ernesto do a great job of spotting different animals and making sure everybody sees them. The snorkling trips are about 10 minutes away from the island by boat and last about an hour or hour and a half.

We also did 1 inland tour. We did the ziplining and cavetubing. The ziplining was fun but it only has 6 lines and it is over pretty quickly although 3 are pretty long and fast so that was fun. But the cave tubing was awesome! A really unique experience that we enjoyed. The bus is newer and has A/C but it can feel pretty small and the ride there is about 2 hours each way so it makes for a very long day. Although you do get to see the country side and it is neat. However, we opted out of the Mayan Ruins tour because I didn't want to spend another day on a bus when I had this beautiful island. If you have a week on the island, I recommend one inland tour so that you can see some other parts of Belize but both tours seem like too much.

We also went on a fishing trip with Crispin and Leo. It was amazing and we caught several different fish including grouper, snapper and yellowtail. Crispin caught a huge barracuda with a handline and my husband hooked a cobia but wasn't able to get it in the boat. We still had a blast and Crispin and Leo worked hard to make sure we did. The chef cooked up our fish that night. It was awesome.

The thing that makes the island so special really is the employees. I think it is cliche but they really do make you feel like family and they do whatever they can to make sure you enjoy your trip. George is so sweet and will take you on a catamaran sail or anything you want to make sure you are happy. He even climbed a coconut tree to get me a fresh coconut. He also made my husband a lobster stick so he could go lobstering once the season opened up. He also took me back to the boat when I got scared snorkling one time. Ernesto lobstered with my husband several days, helping him and teaching him, until my husband finally caught his very own lobster. Ernesto also fished with my husband and made sure he had fresh bait to fish with, teaching him local techniques. Crispin took us fishing one day and taught us how to use a handline to fish. He also dove down and got us two HUGE lobsters that we got to eat for dinner that night. Leo did a great job putting my bait on and taking my fish off while out fishing. Crispin also made us feel very comfortable joining the local volleyball game. Miss Sue was a joy to talk to and would tell us her secret recipes. She is a fantastic cook. Renee served all of our meals with a smile. She knew how I liked my coffee by the second morning. She was just wonderful. Sergio would always have a story at the bar and could keep you entertained and make you laugh. He really enjoys crafting a cocktail. He was also our server for our private dinner on the pier and he really made sure it was romantic and special. Everything was just so perfect and special and it was because of these people. You get to learn about their lives and their families and talk about life in Belize. It is truly something special.

In summary, the island is beautiful, the ocean is something from a postcard, the cabanas are perfect and comfortable, the food is delicious and the people are amazing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Jessica R

Hello Ms. Living the Island life!

I like to tell guests getting to Coco Plum is an adventure because you have to travel by air, land and sea to get to experience Coco Plum bliss. So, I am glad to hear that the local pilot and captain made you experience part of the adventure. Privacy is one thing we guarantee and seems that you had no problem with the location of your cabana which is a plus! We try to cater to all of our guests with a mixture of Belizean and American cuisine so they don’t feel like they are back home eating burgers and fries. We are happy to hear that your pallet was pleased with the combination of meals served while on the island. Thanks for such a beautiful review and 5 star rating. We are glad that your disappointment turned into satisfaction at the end of your stay.