“Another good experience”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This hotel falls in a good spot for us when we travel to visit family, so we stopped again. Found the hotel to be well run and things kept clean and up to date. Check in went smoothly, everything was ready, the room was clean and warm as it was a cool day, everything in working order. The bedding was comfortable, except I have issues with small pillows on a king size bed. Otherwise, I had a fairly restful night sleep. The breakfast bar was fresh and well stocked, the lady kept things turned over on the buffet and the coffee fresh and ready.

Even though this hotel is adjacent to a shopping area, it is quiet and restful. I would recommend it highly. Seems the staff cares to keep the place in good working order.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

I would like to thank you for wonderful comments you posted regarding our award winning Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, WV. We take pride in our hotel and staff, and I am glad we met your expectations. Our staff at Lewisburg is one of the friendliest you will find. . I can see that we achieve our goals.

To let everyone know who is reading this review we have updated our pillow for both our king and queen double rooms. All king beds know have king pillows and our Queen beds know have queen pillow.

I would like to thank you for past business and hope to see you again if your plans takes you back through Lewisburg, WV.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We had two comfortable queen beds, which included a nice comforter and four pillows each. The temperature was easily regulated and there was plenty of light and electrical outlets. The shower worked well, with plenty of volume and hot water. It is relatively close to the freeway - a few blocks. The breakfast was typical - not great.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for the taking the time to let us know about your most current experience at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in Lewisburg, West Virginia. Our goal is to meet your needs from a clean comfortable room to friendly staff and I can see we did that.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Could not believe how quiet the under the window heating unit in the room was. I really despise a/c units that go on and off all night like a motorcycle riding through the bedroom and this one was the farthest thing from it. That and the very comfortable bed made for good sleeping. The staff was very accommodating, even unplugging the fragrance sprayer in the lobby when I explained I am allergic to perfume. They called the owners of a yapping dog to come back and not leave it alone in the room as it was barking the entire time they were gone. The breakfast was excellent with they have the most unique pancake making machine I have ever seen. When the lobby breakfast area became too crowded they opened up the conference room for the over flow.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor otherwise the people above you sound like big foot tap dancing.
Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

I am happy that you enjoyed the breakfast. We strive to make our breakfast a great start of the day for our guests. You are correct on the pancake machine, it provides many great conversation for our guests and the pancakes are wonderful.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

On 9/18/13 we were traveling cross country with our small dog. I saw in AAA Trip Advisor that this hotel allowed dogs, with a fee. I called ahead to reserve a room for the night. Was I shocked to be told by the desk person that yes, they do allow dogs but we would have to be put in a smoking/or former smoking room and the fee for the dog would be $50.
I told her I would call somewhere else because I wasn't being charged an extra 50 plus have to stay in a smoking room. Definite discrimination!!!!!!!! I called another hotel in the town and stayed there for $10.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank GypsyTravelerMn
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

I am sorry that you decided not to stay at our Holiday Inn Express. For everyone that may review this posting. We do not charge $50 a day for pets. We have a $25 per day/per pet fee. We are a pet friendly hotel that allows pets in certain rooms. We converted our hotel to 100% smoke free four years ago, so I do not understand the comment about being put in a smoking room.

There is one other hotel in Lewisburg that we know of that accepts pets and that is the Super 8 and there fee is $10 per day/per pet.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

we have stayed at this hotel many times, as we have family near that we visit often, rooms are always clean, staff is very friendly and helpful, breakfast in the morning is decent, we have never had a issue with anything there, or any holiday inn

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 October 2013

While passing thru West Virginia, I stayed at the Holiday inn Express and really enjoyed my stay. The girl at the front desk greeted me with a smile and a wonderfully friendly attitude. She made me feel welcome and all the other staff members were equally friendly. The room was spacious and clean, and the pricing was low. Not a whole lot of great restaurants in Lewisburg, but a great place to stay along Route 64. They had a Managers Reception with Free Drinks and chips as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

For all reviewers we do offer a managers reception one night during the week. Usually it will be hosted on a Tuesday or Wednesday night when we offer beverages and snacks in our great room.

There are many wonderful local restaurants located downtown Lewisburg. Maybe the next time in Lewisburg try the Food and Friends restaurant downtown Lewisburg.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights the weekend of september 13. We traveled to lewisburg for a wedding with my parents. We were ablke to get a great vaule in booking hte family suite which includes two bathrooms, a queen beed, king bed, living area, dining nook and a pull out couch. The king bed room was huge at least the size of a normal hotel room. There was deffently pleantly of room and no one felt smushed!!

Breakfast was great, teh pancake machine made up for not haveing waffles!!

Thanks for a great weekend get away Hoilday Inn!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with a group and are planning on geting two rooms, book the family suite its la...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Krei0403
Suzanne H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

I appreciate the wonderful comments and your return visits to our Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lewisburg, West Virginia. We take great pride in our hotel and are happy to hear that your stay was pleasant and that we met your expectations. Sounds like you really enjoyed our family suite as one of the guest rooms your rented. Your right the family suites has everything to offer.

I am happy that you enjoyed the breakfast. We strive to make our breakfast a great start of the day for our guests. Sounds like you really enjoyed the pancakes.
Thanks again for the wonderful comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
Hampton Inn Lewisburg
#1 of 7 in Lewisburg
Budget Inn Motel
Budget Inn Motel
#2 of 5 in Covington

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg? Share your experiences!