I stayed overnight for the first few days of the New Orleans Saints training camp. I was very happy with the quality and cleanliness of the room. This was my first stay at a Holiday Inn Express and I was impressed with the little details of the decor and the little extras the room provided. I have stayed in a variety of hotels at different price points over the years and this had to be the first that provided paper towels and utensils!
The king size bed was very comfortable. The labeled "soft" and "firm" pillows were a very nice touch. The bathroom was large and very clean. They even had real HDTV available, which I find is pretty rare in a hotel.
If you're coming down to see the Saints, the location of this hotel is great. It's a simple drive down route 219 to get to the WV State Fairgrounds, where you can park and catch a bus ride to The Greenbrier for practice. It's literally like a 10 minute drive with traffic.
I thought the breakfast was quite good. There was plenty of variety and everything was setup nicely. They even have outdoor seating if you'd like to enjoy some coffee on the veranda.
Some people have complained about the elevator, which yes, it is a bit strange. For such a new hotel, I think they got a faulty unit. But really that's a minor thing. The hotel is only 3 floors so it's not like you're stuck in there for long amounts of time.
Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to use the pool or fitness center so I can't provide any information on them.
I found the staff to be very friendly. I wasn't there very long but I'll definitely come back next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand new hotel in Lewisburg, West Virginia boasts excellent facilities. Come and stay at our new Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Lewisburg near the Greenbrier Valley Airport. Our hotel in Lewisburg, WV is the perfect choice for both leisure and corporate travelers. Families looking for lodging in Lewisburg, WV will love staying at our hotel, near Lost World Caverns, located just off I-64 in the lovely Allegheny Mountains. We are convenient to several local attractions, including the scenic Greenbrier River, historic downtown Lewisburg & plenty of antique shopping. Other sights and activities near our hotel in Lewisburg, WV include Organ Cave, the West Virginia State Fair & Oakhurst Links, home of the oldest organized golf club in the United States. Business travelers will be impressed by the comfort of our Lewisburg, West Virginia accommodations. We also offer access to numerous companies, such as the Terradon Corporation, Gateway Industries, ABB Process Analytics, Wal-Mart and the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine. In addition, we provide a Business Center with fax, print, copy services, a computer and free high-speed Internet access, so you can keep up with business on the road. While lodging in this Lewisburg, WV hotel, enjoy amenities including a heated, indoor pool, a modern fitness center and a free hot breakfast bar. Book your reservation now to enjoy great Lewisburg hotel rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Lewisburg
- Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg
- Lewisburg Holiday Inn