“State Fair- Only Option Left, but a Pleasant One!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I booked a room about 2 weeks before the WV State Fair. After calling EVERY hotel in Lewisburg and finding that they were all booked, I was destined to stay at Quality Inn. We went to the fair first, and then checked in at around 5:30. There were four adults and two kids in our room (I know, extremely crowded!) So, I knew that we would definitely need extra towels, etc. The staff at the check-in counter (which I forgot to get their names) were extremely polite and accommodating! The fella there immediately delivered those items to our room. The room was very clean, modernly-updated, with a flat-screen TV and granite tile. The beds were very comfy, as were the pillows. The next morning I talked my family to the free breakfast (which they all whined about) and it was the BEST continental breakfast we've ever been served: biscuits and gravy, boiled eggs, pastries, make-your-own-waffles, bagels, cereal, and yogurt with a rather large dining area. When we return for the fair next year, needless to say, I will be booking our room at Quality Inn!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 July 2011

I almost didn't stay here because of some of the reviews. I was pleasantly surprised. It's a nice hotel, friendly people, good breakfast. I would stay again.
The only negative was that the carpet looked clean but when entering the shower there was some dirt washed off my feet. This more common than you would think in hotels lately. I call it my white sock test. If I can walk around in the room and the socks stay clean, that's a 5. If they are black, that's a 1. This hotel was 2.5. I mentioned this at checkout and they seemed concerned and wrote up a repair ticket.
The king mattress was a little soft and if one person moved the other was bounced around. Once we settled in, I slept well.

Room Tip: Located at I-64 exit 169 (Rt 219). Walmart is the next building down Rt 219.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We recently stayed here for 3 nights in July.
The biggest issue I had with this place was the noise outside the door in the morning. There were a lot of workers staying here the same time my husband and I were and I do realize they needed to be up and at it very early. They were just a lil noisy, not in a bad, rowdy way, just going to work is all.
The bed was amazing!!! We stayed in the king suite and the only thing I think it needed was a mini fridge/microwave. The bathroom had recently been updated and the sink had a beautiful countertop.
Overall we had a wonderful stay!!!
Would highly recommend if you are on a budget and don't mind the workers outside passing by.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KrissynDale
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I wasn't too impressed at all with this hotel. When you look at it from the outside you think... is this a motel?? The building must have been office buildings at some point because its set up like a two story office building. All of the room doors are on the outside like a motel. It didn't seem like a problem until we could hear everything that went on outside and to make it worse the curtains don't close all the way. As soon as the sun was coming up we could see peoples shadows walk/run across the wall. Inside the room the AC was the worst thing, it took hours to actually cool down the room!

There is no elevator and bad non smoking rooms. If you have a problem with cigarettes I wouldn't stay here at all. As soon as you walk into the hotel lobby it hits you like someone is next to you smoking... it's really bad! They have a restaurant so we tried going down to it, because its open till midnight, but we turned right around. The door we walked into said "non smoking section" and there were at least 5 people sitting at the bar with cigarettes! It smelled so bad! It was like walking into a gross stale bar.

Overall, if you don't like cigarettes don't stay here they allow people to smoke everywhere. In all the common areas, rooms (which you can smell in your room),and in the bar (which you can smell in the lobby areas). I'm glad we didn't pay for this because we would have tried to go to another hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms without smoking, near stairs!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank ainedwyn
Reviewed 10 May 2011

Personally love this place! Food and shopping within walking distance. Small outdoor pool, pub and continetal breakfast. You may do a little walking to go to pool, front desk, etc. but wouldn't stay anywhere else. Staff is polite and helpful. Honest housekeepers, as they found and held forgotten items until our return trip back through days laer. 5*

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed 4 October 2010

The Quality Inn was converted from the Brier Inn in March, 2010. Comfortable and good sized rooms with 4 fluffy pillows on each bed. Wireless Internet a tad slow. Outside room entrances clean and welcoming lobby. Outside stairwells a bit rough and smelled of smoke. A roomy dining area for their morning free breakfast. They had waffles and one other hot dish. I wish they had had bananas available. There is a lounge with occasional live music and big screen TV for football.

All in all, this was a pleasant stay with a friendly staff. The hotel is nothing fancy, offering a pleasant night sleep. We did have an incident where our room was given to another guest, who attempted a late night entry, scaring all parties. This was handled appropriately by staff and a discount was offered.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2010

Older motel with poor plumbing. Toilet would not flush completely. The maintenence could not repair, so we had to walk to the lobby to use the restrooms. Front desk was not helpful. Only response was, "sorry, no other rooms available. Bed linens in our "non-smoking" room smelled of smoke. The carpets were so filthy they soiled our feet when we walked across them. Needless to say, we did not stick around for the included breakfast.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg
#2 of 5 in Covington
The Old Victorian Inn
The Old Victorian Inn
#1 of 1 in Alderson

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!