“Great place to stay”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stopped at Lewisburg as a mid-way point between Louisville and the Jamestown/Williamsburg area of Virginia. It was recommended by a friend and it was a great recommendation. It was clean, quiet (despite being just off the interstate) and the breakfast was a nice addition in the morning, saving the search and stop on the road. As I said, so convenient, just a few yards from the exit. Lewisburg itself is a great small town with a very nice downtown and lots of historic old homes and building. Most aren't open to the public but you can grab a brochure with information about each of them and take a self-guided walking tour. Lewisburg also has one of only 4 Carnegie Halls in the country.

Room Tip: Even the rooms near the expressway were quiet since they were near an on-ramp, but there are rooms o...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carl L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Lobby is just beautiful, everything was, actually. Everything looks spanking new and fresh and modern. Breakfast was great. Loved the microwaveable breakfast sandwich. I usually prefer my own flavor of coffee, so if I'm ever here again, I'll remember to bring my own coffee pods for the coffeemaker since it's the type that has a little "drawer" instead of the normal size basket for a cone or cupcake type filter.

I was a little surprised there was no refrigerator or microwave in the room, so I was very glad I checked out the room before I went out to get something to eat. Knew ahead of time that there could be no leftovers needing refrigeration and no reheating of anything that had cooled off. I did read where one reviewer said a refrigerator was brought to the room at no charge. I figured since I was staying only one night, that wasn't really necessary. I didn't ask about a microwave, but I can understand the problem with microwaves in hotel rooms, as it's one more thing for the housekeeping staff to clean when some people don't have the consideration to cover food being microwaved.

Because of the design of the outer curtain rod, at first I thought the sheers in the center of the window were all that was between me and the outside, then I found another set of plain white drapes pulled open behind the colorful outer pair.

Very nice hotel, made me wish I was staying longer. Also appreciated the 12:00 check-out time. With most places I've been, it's been 11:00. Nice to have that extra hour if you need it.

Room Tip: Might not want the room right by the exit to the outside, door's a little noisy when closing unl...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank exploranda
Auburn, Alabama
Reviewed 24 March 2012

My wife and I stay normally in Days Inns across the eastern US. We came to Lewisburg for a wedding.
The hotel is new and very clean. Wireless internet is decently good and they have a cable Ethernet laptop hookup at the room desk for faster, more secure usage.
The indoor pool and small 7 person Jacuzzi is nice with towels and a pre/post shower poolside.
There is additional handicapped parking in the rear,close to 1st floor rooms which was handy.
We asked to pay cash when we checked out and the manager said that will be fine, and gave a credit card for deposit. The hotel charged our card without permission. I informed the manager and she attempted to fix it. Not sure if its resolved.
Normally, days inns are half the price, same accommodations and continental breakfast.
overall a nice visit.

Room Tip: first floor, close to pool and back door for parking is preferable.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Talon2PRO
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 21 January 2012

The hotel is in a great location--just of I64. I chose this hotel because of the hot tub and the swimming pool, and I was not disappointed. The breakfast bar was okay, but I would've liked more fresh fruit.. There were breakfast sandwiches in the freezer and a microwave to heat them up. A waffle maker stood nearby with batter ready. There were also various cereals, some doughnuts, and a few fresh fruits (apples and bananas). My stay would've been perfect except for one thing: When I checked into my room, it had a smell of old perspiration... and it was pretty strong.. I decided to let the matter go and took care of it myself. I went to the local Walmart and bought Febreze, a candle, and air freshener. This seemed to take care of the smell, although there was a slight lingering in the air even when I left.. I slept very well in the room. The room darkening shade was very effective, and there was no noise in the halls. I would definitely recommend this hotel..
Hopefully, you won't get a smelly room, but if you do, the management assured me (on my leaving)
that they have deodorizers for the rooms.. I wonder why the maid didn't use one. Anyway, it's a new hotel, and I had a great stay...

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Pa
Reviewed 13 November 2011

The rooms were very clean and the decorating made the room feel comfortable. I stayed here for 4 nights on a business trip. The first morning I was very impressed with the continental breakfast. The second, third, and forth mornings, I was not so impressed. One day the juice was watered down to about 10% juice and 90% water. There was no batter for the waffle maker. When my coworker inquired at the front desk, the hotel employee was very short with him and acted as if we were a huge inconvenience to her. There was no nonstick spray for the waffle maker and waffles were getting stuck and having to be picked out in pieces. We had to ask for spray as to avoid this situation.The pastries were stale but there was a nice selection of breakfast sandwiches, yogurt, and fruit.

Certain members of the staff were short with us on more than one occasion. Our business trip was cut short and we called at 4:00 p.m. to cancel for that night and were told that cancellations had to be made before noon. Noon? Seems pretty early since check in isn't until after 3:00. Be fore warned if you plan on staying here.

Over all I give this hotel a "very good" rating and would stay there again. It was very clean and that is what is most important to me when staying at a hotel. The beds were very comfortable and the general feel of the room was comfortable, as well.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Stayed one night on our way to Charlottesville VA. Pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Reasonably priced, friendly & prompt service. Room was large & clean. Only feedback for upgrade would be for the towels. Paper thin and small. However would definately recommend. Hotel is only 2 years old.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank fauljo
Elk Grove village, IL
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I was on a tour and was happy to find that I got my own room. This was the cleanest, and nicest room that I have ever stayed- the other one was in Coral Gables, Fl. Wonderful breakfast, wonderful service!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg
#6 of 7 in Lewisburg
Budget Inn Motel
Budget Inn Motel
#1 of 5 in Covington

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Lewisburg? Share your experiences!