“Don't plan on staying here if you are local”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Lewisburg
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Lewisburg
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I was appalled at the recent treatment I received when I reserved a room at the Fairfield Inn in Lewisburg, WV. My husband and I were unable to get to our home in White Sulphur Springs, WV due to a bad snow storm and roads being closed in our area. We are committed Marriott members and only stay with the Marriott brand when we travel. This is due to the excellent service and accommodations we have come to know. Due to being unable to get home, we decided to stay the night at our local Fairfield Inn, which is very close to our places of business. Upon making our reservation, we provided the clerk with our Marriott rewards number. She then informed us that since we had a local zip code, in order to have a room for the night, we would have to put down $250.00 in cash along with reserving and paying for the room with our credit card. I inquired as to why they needed that much cash deposit in addition to my credit card and was told that "locals reserve the rooms and then trash them". While I understand the need to protect the property, who is to say that someone from out of town would not be capable of the same thing? Also, is that not why you keep my credit card on file to begin with; for the incidentals or any damage I cause? I am pretty sure it was obvious that my husband and I were not there to "trash the room" since there was a major snowstorm happening outside. I braved the roads in order to get the cash from my bank account and arrived at the Fairfield Inn. The clerk, Heather, was on an obviously personal phone call and this just put a cap on a horrible experience. We were the only ones checking in and I had to wait for her to get through a phone call about the fact that her boyfriend is picking her up from work.

I paid for the room, $250 in cash, and then put the room charge on my credit card. This morning upon checkout, the manager came out to check our room for one thing. That one thing was to see if we had smoked in our room. Again, I was floored that all of this mess was due to people smoking in the rooms. Even though we were informed that this is a local management decision, I find it insulting and rude to learn that since I live 15 miles from this hotel, it is more difficult for me to stay there than it is for any of the other local hotels that I could have easily walked to.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank Hokiegirl10

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Our standard room was very spacious and clean. Included a sitting area to the side as well as a desk and comfortable computer chair opposite the sitting area. Bathroom has plenty of counter space (and I like to spread out)! Bed linens were soft allowing us a comfortable nights sleep. A 32 inch flat screen was in our room as expected for a newer mid range hotel. The property was bright and clean on the outside as well as inside (hallways, lounge area, lobby, breakfast area).

Speaking of breakfast - it includes hot (microwavable breakfast sandwiches), waffles, fresh fruit that really *is* fresh, fruit cups, cereal, coffee, juices and bagels.

Staff was friendly and gave us tips for shopping when we asked. Nice locally owned restaurants in the area in addition to Ruby Tuesday's and Shoney's, chains, both within walking distance.

Would stay here again. Thanks staff!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mikity31
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Hotel was spotless, rooms were spacious, beds were extremely comfortable, desk staff were friendly, breakfast room was spacious and food was good, location conveniently off the interstate. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BedfordSailor
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The hotel looks brand new but runs like a well oiled machine. The staff is friendly and the rooms were spotless. The breakfast area was always clean. Breakfast is basic but one tip is to look in the refrigerator inside you will find biscuits, yogurt and a few other items. Within walking distance there is a Ruby Tuesday, Shonneys and Subway.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank powerplantop
Reviewed 28 October 2012

The cleanliness of this hotel is amazing. The shower was spotless and sparkling. Large rooms - fairly quiet, even though the interstate is very close to the hotel. The free breakfast was basic - but sufficient choices. The staff obviously takes pride in "their hotel". Wish every hotel was this clean.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank goandgo
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Had a wonderful 4 day stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites in Lewisburg, WV. The rooms are large, well appointed and clean. It is about a 1.5 miles into downtown Lewisburg and 7 miles to the Greenbrier Hotel and is close to some chain restaurants (Ruby Tuesday, Applebees) and if you forgot an item, a Walmart is right on the main drag. The complementary breakfast offered both hot and cold items. A waffle maker was easy to use and they also had breakfast sandwiches that could be heated up in the microwave. Cereal, pastry, yogurt and fruit cups were also available.
I absolutely would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for the 3rd floor, it was very quiet and you then don't have to be concerned about anyone ab...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We recently attended a wedding in Lewisburg and chose to stay at the Fairfield Inn. We were delighted with our visit. We thought the inn was brand new due to the cleanliness of everything, but were informed that is over two years old. Our room was immaculate, spacious, and comfortable. The TV functions were easy to understand; the coffee maker was an added touch as was the microwave. The baths were clean, bright and roomy. The breakfast was a real treat with all of the usual offerings. The dining area is clean and efficient All the personnel were friendly and helpful. We will look for Fairfield Inns on our future travels..

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewisburg
Hampton Inn Lewisburg
#2 of 5 in Covington
Maison Marcel
Maison Marcel
#1 of 7 in Lewisburg

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Lewisburg? Share your experiences!