“Overpriced, Poor Service, Understaffed!”
Review of The Wild Bean

The Wild Bean
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Lewisburg
Price range: US$4 - US$10
Description: The Wild Bean is a coffee shop and restaurant located in historic downtown Lewisburg, WV. We serve breakfast, lunch and have an assortment of fresh baked goods. Enjoy a drink from our espresso bar, a fruit smoothie or a cup of organic fresh brewed coffee. All in a casual fun atmosphere.
Newport News, Virginia
“Overpriced, Poor Service, Understaffed!”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Was looking for starbucks and this place was suggested. Waited 30 minutes and got the wrong order even though the cashier is the same person that made my drinks! Dont waste your time or money!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Rebecca W

Phoenix, Arizona
“An oasis for vegans”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Visiting West Va has been a challenge for vegan friendly food. I found Wild Bean on Happy Cow and all I can say is, thank goodness. We had a very tasty black bean burger and a wonderful salad with marinated tofu, greens and veggies. The atmosphere is friendly, casual and comfortable. I would happily come back here.

• Visited August 2013
Hot Springs, Virginia
“Coffee is great!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I loved their Irish cream latte! I have had their food it is good, and my semi-vegetarian friend loves to have choices at a restaurant for a change!

• Visited June 2013
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Great food & staff”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Even though they were about to close, they took our order to go and it was delicious and everyone was very friendly, accomodating and helpful. Food was great, too.

Visited July 2013
Zweibruecken, Germany
“Disgusting! They serve HAIR in the smoothies! -->no apologies<--”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

On our most recent road trip, we decided to pass through the oft overlooked, charming, well-to-do area of Greenbrier County, West Virginia.

Lewisburg offers much of the charm and eclecticism as any Coastal hip town offers. One of the Lewisburg's downtown venues is a place which appears to be trendy and smart: the Wild Bean: "Organic coffees, and All-natural vegetarian dishes."

During our 3-day visit, we decided to stop for a smoothie and check out the scene. While the vibe feels open and appealing, the haughty staff and ridiculously long wait was almost enough to make us leave (there were only 2 other patrons at the time we were visiting).

We ordered a Blueberry-Banana smoothie. While it was being prepared (or so we thought), we sifted through the wide assortment of vinyl. Lucky us!! The best part of our visit to "the Bean" was snagging a great old album for only $.50.

But it took FIFTEEN minutes to receive our drink --> because (I quote) "we use local, organic blueberries"... ?? Fact: they didn't even begin preparing our smoothie until nearly 10 minutes after our ordering. During that long wait we figured out that the place must be nothing more than a pretentious wanna-be hip and trendy coastal joint.

We opted to enjoy our smoothie outdoors (when it was finally ready). The lovely Lewisburg Main Street should have been the perfect place to sip such a delight .... You can imagine our disgust when we discovered not one, but TWO hairs in the drink !!!

I was so grossed out that I almost lost my lunch (thank God we'd eaten elsewhere!).

When my husband went in to inform the Counter folks, they simply shrugged him off and said "It happens sometimes" then went back to whatever was more important behind the counter, than the customer in front of them.

Wow!! Check out our Trip Advisor reviews: we really try to go out of our way to visit 'Mom and Pop' places wherever we go. Service (NON-service) like that, especially in an upscale place such as Lewisburg WV, was a real shock.

I'm not sure when or if I'll be able to drink another smoothie away from home again. But you can be certain we will let as many people know what happened there, and how it needs to step up its game if they want to tout themselves as being healthy, OR classy.

• Visited July 2013