“So happy it's here” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner
East Coast
“So happy it's here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I am a regular at the Spring, and have watched it grow better and better since its opening during the winter. Al, the chef, is hugely talented and makes magic.

I have enjoyed many of the foods on the menu, my favorites being the sweet potato cakes, the tofu with different crusts- fresh herbs or wasabi are the ones I've enjoyed.

Haven't tried lunch yet, but highly recommend breakfast and dinner.

The main downside is that the swiss chard tart isn't a fixture on the menu. It's fabulous, and I hope the owners will consider this a hint.

• Visited April 2014

Dayton, Ohio
“So fresh and healthy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

We were staying at the Greenbrier and wanted to have a relaxed dress down dinner . We went to The Spring. It's a brand new restaurant. Todd was so fresh and tasty. Had the pizza and were tasty, excellent crust and full of flavor. One pizza is good for 2 people if you order appetizers. We ordered 2 cheese tray and we could tell the the cheese were good quality and fresh. They have a large variety of hot and iced organic teas.
I strongly recommend it!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Lourn2
Lewisburg, West Virginia
“What a breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

The Spring is only open (at this point, I hope they will expand their breakfast days) for breakfast on Saturday beginning at 8 AM. The menu included three different types of roasts for coffee, 3-egg omelettes, eggs florentine and other choices, I settled on the Huevos Rancheros which arrived with a cheese stuffed pepper (think light creamy ricotta type cheese), two perfect eggs on black beans (not your typical black bean mix) and a salsa and fruit on a crispy corn tortilla. Oh my was it good! I can't wait to do lunch there...and hopefully dinner some time soon.

• Visited March 2014
Williamsburg, West Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great new vegetarian spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We love this new vegetarian restaurant in Lewisburg. The dishes we've had were very flavorful and really highlight the vegetables. We especially loved the butternut squash gratin, the vegetable risotto, and the tomato-fennel soup. The prices are quite reasonable given the prevalence of organic ingredients. The best part may be the wine list, which is stocked primarily with sustainable and organic wines yet is still cheaper than most restaurants. I've had numerous different wines by the glass and bottle and haven't been disappointed with the value yet.
We haven't been for breakfast yet, but the menu looks very appetizing.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Ben L
Lewisburg, West Virginia
“Virtually no gluten free options at vegetarian restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

As a person with Celiac Disease I was disappointed with this menu. There was almost no gluten free options on this menu. I ended up having to eat a plate of spinach with dressing. Very disappointing.

1 Thank Shannon N