“Best Off Trail Tour in State!”
Review of Lost World Caverns

Lost World Caverns
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Lewisburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: One of the most beautiful commercial caves in the eastern U.S. Self-guided walking tours take approximately 45 minutes to an hour. All day Wild Cave Tours are available, for the more adventurous, by reservation only. Largest Rock, Fossil, & Gift Shop in the area. Natural History Museum features local ice age mammals as well as dinosaur exhibits. Picnic Area. Free Parking. Open Daily.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Windsor, Vermont
“Best Off Trail Tour in State!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have led many off trail caving tours and this was a great one. Lots of caving, small passages, limestone geology with flooding, and physical demands.

The guide and cave staff were excellent. Hands down.

I recommend this caving trip to everyone who likes to get off the show cave route.

Visited September 2013

Kansas
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Beautiful caverns, nice gift shop”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I toured the caverns with my family a little over a week ago. The caverns are beautiful and well-maintained. We enjoyed the short self-guided tour, and if we have more time the next time, we want to take the longer, three-hour adventure tour. I would recommend this attraction to anyone in the area.

Visited August 2014
Matoaka, WV
“More than just caverns”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Had a great trip to the Lost World Caverns. The gift shop surprised me the most with reasonable prices and a mini museum featuring some rare artifacts and fossils. Fun was had by adults and children alike.

Visited August 2014
Chesham, United Kingdom
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We were passing through Lewisburg and saw on the map, yes I still use maps, this cavern, so we thought we would give it a try. It was not easy to find but was worth the effort. There were alpaca, I think, in the entrance area and some very friendly dogs. The staff weren't bad either. This is a self guided tour so you can take your time to look at the things that interest you most, and pass the ones that don't, there weren't many of those. The cavern is not over long and you sort of go down one side and come back the other. However, we spent as much time in this one as many of the longer guided tour caverns. There is no doubt in my mind that this is a gem and suitable for all ages. The main reason I only give it a very good is that is a little difficult to find. Please, Please will the owners invest in a little more advertising. This is too good and experience to miss for the whole family,

Visited May 2014
Beckley, West Virginia
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great 1/2 day Activity”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The caverns are a great place to visit for a morning or afternoon visit. The self-guided tour makes it as short or long as you wish to make it. Of course, you are in a HUGE cavern, so the floors are uneven and at times slippery so plan accordingly. It's a wonderful place to appreciate the differences of beauty between above and below ground. Well maintained and fun to drive the back roads to get there.

Visited July 2014