The Inn at Lost River
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgeneral storehome goodssomeone else'swest virginiahidden jewelscreened in porchtonihostsjauntpropertyloungerelaxation
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We recently held our wedding reception at The Inn at Lost River and I can honestly say that Ted and Toni exceeded any expectation we had. Our family that stayed at The Inn couldn’t say enough good things about them; from their comfortable rooms, to the delicious breakfast, to the friendliness of the owners. As for the reception itself; I don’t even know where to begin. We could not have asked for anything more; the hors d'oeuvres, the flowers and decoration all elegantly done, the staff was attentive, professional, and friendly. The dinner itself was without a doubt perfect. We had some rather divergent thoughts when we first meet with Ted and Toni and Toni blended the ideas and came up with the idea of an Italian Summer Barbeque; it was brilliant, delicious and EXACTLY what we wanted. We highly recommend The Inn at Lost River.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Tastefully decorated and furnished, comfortable beds, exceptional breakfasts, lovely grounds, plus Toni and Ted, who seem to really enjoy receiving guests and making them feel pampered. We also enjoyed an excellent dinner of filet mignon and shimp tempura. Both my wife and I thought this was the best B&B experience we've had. Of course, there's always room for improvement, and I'd love to see them provide some rocking chairs and a chaise lounge the deck and maybe a hammock Lost Rver is home to a artisans coop a block away, which features some really beautiful work and operates a fascinating local history museum with many interesting pieces from everyday life in the 1800's, but these are only open Friday through Sunday.

Room Tip: The Springhouse is worth the extra charge, but the rooms in the main house are also spacious and well-decorated. The Smokehouse is a little cramped..
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank darnedifino
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Lost River, WV may not be well known among urbanites in the DC area and I hope it stays that way! It's a beautiful, tranquil, and welcoming community where life slows down and every breath is full of fresh air.

Toni and Ted, the owners of the Inn, have done a phenomenal job creating a comfortable, luxurious, and inviting place to stay in the heart of Lost River. Never have I stayed at a B&B where I felt I had such a nice balance of of privacy and an open invitation to make myself feel at home. Their meals are both artful and tasty. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed. A Saturday afternoon wine and cheese hour?... what a treat! The General Store and nearby Yoga studio-- both located within steps of the main house-- were delightful amenities to our stay.

But nothing beats the warmness, hospitality, and genuine kindness of Toni, Ted, and the Inn staff. They provided helpful recommendations, made reservations on our behalf for nearby activities, and engaged each one of their guests on a personal level. I plan on returning soon and making this a regular getaway spot from the hectic DC life.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We booked this weekend jaunt to escape the DC rat race for a few days and could not have made a better decision. Fantastic hosts (Toni&Ted), first class breakfasts, lovely room with some excellent old world charm and a super comfortable bed. This is a place your MUST visit if you ever plan on a weekend stay in West Virginia. Make sure you stop at their general store

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank giantbumblebee
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Sara:
My husband and I's first foray into the Bed and Breakfast world could not have been a more wonderful experience. From meeting Ted and Toni [and Maddie!], seeing their beautiful home, tasty breakfasts, and the wonderful location, we were surprised and immediately put at ease and relaxed. From the made-to-order breakfast each morning to the lovely accommodations, we were encouraged to unwind from life and enjoy the beauty West Virginia has to offer. I'm happy to say we are both anticipating our next Bed and Breakfast stay, and hope to return to the Lost River Inn in the future!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple