“I would stay here again” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn Martinsburg
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Martinsburg
Owens Cross Roads, Alabama
“I would stay here again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

For me cleanliness is top priority, followed closely by a caring, professional staff. This hotel has both. The hotel was clean, comfortable and the folks running it were friendly, helpful and courteous. It is conveniently located and the buffet breakfast was a bargain and good - a nice change from the "Continental" breakfast at other hotels. My only "complaint" is that the A/C in our room stopped cooling (I think it froze up - it was very humid). We didn't call for help so I am not upset (It was about 9 pm on Saturday night), but it was a disappointment. There was also some noise in the hallway overnight and smoking in the hallway of a non-smoking floor. Again, nothing the hotel could do about it, but it impacted our stay. Maybe if the hotel went all non-smoking? If we are in the area we would look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Every room and floor seemed pretty good.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HI_Martinsburg25401, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this review, 9 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Martinsburg. It is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.
We are truly pleased that you had an overall enjoyable experience at our hote, and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Ashley Dillow
Guest Services Manager
Holiday Inn Martinsburg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Greece, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2011

this hotel was great, nice rooms , clean, shower water pressure was strong, the heated inside pool was great my child loved it. nice job we will be back!!! !!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Amesbury, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2011

We stopped here on our way to see family. the room was clean, the service was good. Overall, a good pick for a layover. There were several restaurants close by as well as a restaurant on site. The only negative I could say was that they did not offer a free breakfast, which so many do.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank susan29509
Charleston, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2010

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times a year, for the past 10 years. The renovations are finally complete, but overall the hotel still has a half trendy, half outdated vibe.

The WiFi coverage needs to be managed better for a place that large. But, ultimately it gets the job done. Their "business center" consists of two computers and a printer practically in the hallway.

Food is within walking distance. Shops and stores are less than a mile up the road. And, I have never noticed noise from any of the traffic while in the room. Cops are ruthless with the speeders though.

There's plenty of parking and multiple ways to get in and out of the building, which a lot of first time visitors seem to overlook. However, as a woman often traveling alone, I sometimes dislike the parking situation. There's not enough lighting and it feels rather desolate.

The staff is lean, but seem genuine in helping if there are issues. Many of them have been there for years.

I like this place the most for it's consistency -- I know I'll get solid service in a great I81 location. I can watch a game down at the bar; drive a little ways and bet on the ponies; or stay in a comfortable bed and veg-out with TV.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

This is a great pet-friendly hotel in a safe area for anyone traveling I-81. Appears newly renovated. Reasonable pet fee ($25). Wide variety of restaurants (fast food & sit down chains) and other retailers within a mile. Spacious rooms - only drawback is lack of comfortable seating. King size bed but only one upholstered chair with ottoman, although there was plenty of room for a second chair. Room was equipped with small refrigerator, microwave and one cup coffee maker. This is a four story hotel but the design is such that the lobby area is on the 3rd floor so if you don't want to use the elevator, request a room on the 3rd floor.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Christine S
North Stonington, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2010

Hotel was very neat and clean. Easy access right off the highway. Would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed October 2010
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2010

Upon arrival I was very pleased with how nice the hotel appeared and the first staff member I encountered. So when he told me the room rate I was more than happy to pay. The room was very nice and comfortable. However the rest of the staff was not very friendly the women at the counter was just down right rude to me twice not sure what I did wrong she seemed pleasant to everyone else. Room service left a lot to be desired. They apparently were not aware that a person needs silverware to eat there food. After there third trip back because they meesed up our order I was able to eat my then cold breakfast. I guess I just expected more because of how expensive the hotel was! I do have to say if the room was about 30 dollars cheaper I would have been please because that's about all it was worth. If your looking for resonable rates and good service don't come here. If you are looking for a comfortable bed and don't mind paying an arm and a leg for it than this is the place. Oh and if u don't mind being treated like your a bother by the staff.

• Stayed October 2010
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Martinsburg
Hampton Inn Martinsburg
Days Inn Martinsburg
#7 of 14 in Martinsburg
Hampton Inn & Suites Charles Town
Hampton Inn Martinsburg South - Inwood

Been to Holiday Inn Martinsburg? Share your experiences!