“Close to Martinsburg for business”

Holiday Inn Martinsburg
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Martinsburg
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed one night at this hotel 2 nights on a business trip. Everything about my stay was great. The staff was very nice and professional. My room was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom shower head was adjustable with good pressure. I did use the exercise room and the pool, both were equipped with towels, the exercise room had all machines and free weights. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I like to stay on the south side of the Hotel because the afternoon sun comes in through the window...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

@Inkevable: Thank you for continually choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg while in town on business. We appreciate you taking the time to tell others about your stay. We hope you will join us again whether for business or recreation. Happy Thanksgiving from the staff at the Holiday Inn.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Great stay. Staff was fantastic. It is an older hotel, but very clean and everything you need was in the room. The bathroom shower was awesome. Good hot pressure and a good shower head after a long day drive. The price was very good.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

@Mr mrs: Thank you so much for recently staying at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg, WV. We appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey and to tell others about your stay. We hope that you will join us again should you travels bring you back our way. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We were impressed when we walked in to the beautiful lobby. Front desk was very efficient, and throughout our stay, were on top of everything. The rooms were nice, clean, and the hotel was well taken care of. Disappointed that they did not have a complementary breakfast, only an on site restaurant, but that doesn't take away from an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

@Tillary: Thank you for recently choosing to stay here at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to tell us about your stay. We are happy to learn that you were impressed by our property from the time you first walked in and throughout your entire visit. We hope that you will join us again in the future! Happy a great Thanksgiving and safe travels!

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

My friends and I were only staying one night at the hotel but everything was great. The man who checked us in was very nice and professional. The room was very clean and comfortable. The best part though was the hotel bar where the lady bartender was super friendly and accommodating, offering great conversation and an overall friendly personality. I would definitely stay at this property again if I was ever in the area.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

@Molly M: Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg for your recent stay. I appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay and telling others about your experiences. I am glad that my coworkers were able to impress upon you despite your short visit. We look forward to the possibility of hosting you again in the future. Thanks again for choosing the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg, WV.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

This Holiday Inn is sorely in need of a complete overhaul. All the halls and rooms have a musty smell. We stayed there twice in one week because it was the only place available meeting our needs. Spots on chairs in both rooms. First room had a black smear on the bed coverlet at bottom of bed and trash in one of the trash cans (which I reported). Whatever the problem is with the air quality in this hotel, it caused my husband a sore throat and I kept sneezing. The hall carpeting is terribly worn. I could go on and on, but the idea is that it needs to be completely remodeled.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lorraine B

@ Lorraine B: Thank you for recently staying at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg. We appreciate your continued loyalty to Holiday Inn and our hotel imparticular. I apologize that you latest stay did not meet our typical levels of quality. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback so that we can take steps to correct these experiences. I have passed your comments along to our hotel general manager and ownership. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Hotel was very standard what you would expect from a chain hotel like this.
Pros:
-takes dogs and has plenty of grass areas to walk the dogs
-friendly staff
-quiet room
-non smoking was really non smoking, I did not smell trace of smoke what you often do in "non smoking rooms"
-everything in the room seemed to be in working order

Cons:
-just a room, carpets could use shampooing
-breakfast buffet charged extra for tea and coffee which normally is included in breakfast buffet
-it would be nice to have small couch in the room instead of one small chair

• Stayed: September 2013
HolidayInnMRBWV, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Martinsburg, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

@aut0bahn: Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg. I appreciate you taking the time to tell others about the experience you had at our hotel. I appreciate your kind words about our hotel and the staff. While we provided a satisfactory stay for you - I appreciate your honesty on ways that we can better our geust experience. Thank you again for your time and choosing our hotel.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Recently my work took me to Martinsburg.We were assigned to stay at the Holiday Inn. The front desk staff had everything in order upon arrival,and was very acommadating when I needed help sending paperwork to my home office.My room was very clean,and the housekeepers would ask if I needed anything ,even after room service was done.the hotel does not offer a continental breakfast, but has an excellent restaurant. Prices were very reasonable,and if you took the time to fill out a rewards membership you got a 15 percent discount. Food gets an A rating for buffets and menu items. I worked long shifts and it was nice to have a clean room and good food available.I seen some other hotels in this town ,and I would only stay here or the Hampton. It was a nice stay.

Room Tip: Make sure to get your rewards car
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

@ Kevin S: Thank you for your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn, Martinsburg. I appreciate you taking the time to tell everyone about your great experiences here at our hotel. We hope that we will see you the next time work/play brings you back to our area. Thanks again for your kind words. Have a great week!