“extra charges”

Ranked #18 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
“extra charges”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

They billed me an extra $175.00. I talked to four different people and they have given me two different stories for what the charge is. I request more info on this charge but still nothing. The manager is only part time and is never there to assist you and the front desk states they can not do anything without the managers approval. KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR CREDIT CARD AFTER STAYING HERE!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sherri G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Hanover, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

We had a two night stay here on March 16 and 17. The location was excellent for our trip to the CAC on WVU's campus and our shopping and dining trip into Morgantown. The room was clean, though the tv and furniture were dated. The bed was comfortable and we were able to regulate the temperature. Two minor maintenance issues were addressed immediately. If you're just looking for a night's stay at the University, this will fit the bill. If you're looking for deluxe accommodations you might want to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the ground floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Loudon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

The best thing about this motel is the people. Everyone was very helpful, one of the housekeeping crew even helped us sweep the snow off our vehicle. Small breakfast area, but didn't bother us too much since we would rather eat in the room most of the time. Biggest complaint was the beds being too soft but I expect that at an older motel like this.

Room Tip: We had a room on the backside so there was no highway noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Our family absolutely loved the stay at Econo Lodge. Our house keeper done a very good job. i believe her name was Sasha? VERY GOOD WORKER! Our family will defiantly be staying another time! Thank You.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Beulaville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

My family and I had a great experience at this hotel. Lisa Hipp was very polite and helpful! We will be staying there again. I was sad that the Shoney's across the parking lot was closed. Because of this, it may be helpful to add a table in the office for families eating the continental breakfast.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
masontown
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

This place is great!! It's affordable and very clean!! The staff is wonderful and very helpful! For an economy hotel I would recommend it to all my friends and family. I have seen other reviews and I'm positive the staff take care of any problem there may be. The midnight shift man is unpleasant and was arguing with an older man during breakfast. I found it to be rude and unprofessional. But all together I will come stay any time I need a getaway!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Ronnie S, General Manager at Econo Lodge Coliseum, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you so much for expessing your opinion about our property. I am glad that during your next visit to the Morgantown area we will be your hotel of choice. If there is anything else I can do to help better your stay please feel free to contact me. Thanks Again!!
Bridgeport, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

The room was clean! The hot tub felt amazing in the room! Quiet room and convenient location! I would recommend staying here to anyone. It's close to downtown, next to the coliseum, close to the stadium, and right by several shopping malls!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for expressing your views about our property. We love to hear from our guests and the experience that they have while visiting the Morgantown area. We hope that your travels bring you back to our area, so that we can serve you again. If there is anything else we can do please let us know.