Econo Lodge Coliseum
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel(Morgantown)(Great Value!)
Euro-Suites Hotel(Morgantown)
US$94
US$137
US$134
Travelocity
All reviewsroom was cleaneconomy hotelwould recommend this place to anyonelots of parkingfootball fansconvenient locationthe ac unitclean place to staywvu gamerecommend staying herefridge and microwavean overnight staycleaning staffnight's sleepnice staywest virginiabug
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I spent one night here while driving down to South Carolina from Toronto. I've stayed at quite a few hotels and motels of various quality and this was probably the worst/saddest place I've ever been to. For the price, I guess you can't expect much but surely there's better options nearby. The best part about this place as that it was close to the highway, which made it easy to get in and out of Morgantown as fast as humanly possible.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cflavoured
Reviewed 1 July 2014

When I reserved the room I was told that if I wanted to cancel I would have to call 24 hours in advance, which seems inordinately long. My first impression of the place is that it looks rather run down. Parking lot has some bumps and there's an out-of-business restaurant out front. Front desk was quick and friendly enough. The room smelled a little musty at first but within a few minutes I hardly noticed it again, and otherwise was clean and well furnished. Some noise filtered in from outside, not enough to keep me awake. I had trouble arranging the curtains in a way that passersby couldn't see around the edges and was uncomfortable being undressed in the room. Breakfast was just a few things like muffins and cereal. I'm on the fence about whether I'd stay there again if I were in the area.

Room Tip: If you're on the first floor, it can offer the added convenience of being able to park beside your room, but it may be difficult to close the curtains enough to get good privacy, especially if you are in front near the office.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2014

When we arrived the desk clerk was missing and I had to wait for 15 minutes. The place is very noisy late at night and early in the morning, so don't plan on getting any sleep. My biggest complaint is that the "non-smoking room" smelled/stunk like a cigarette smoker's paradise! The the bedding and carpet had cigarette burns. The room stunk and I didn't feel that the room was clean. My luggage now stinks like cigarette smoke!The breakfast was better than nothing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 12Karen31
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel is a basic 'stay and go' hotel. On this particular occasion, the hotel was housing lots of contract workers on long term reservations. Unfortunately, some of the long-term guests did not get the word that check-out was required over the weekend. What a mess.
This was not necessarily the fault of the staff or hotel. Just the way it is.
The hotel is pet friendly and does have some rooms which smell of smoke. I'm sure many hotels in the area have the same problem--it's not just this one. This is a drive-up style hotel with parking immediately outside the front door of the room. This is not my favorite style of hotel/motel, but it is what it is. If you're a light sleeper, this type of hotel/motel is not for you.

The rate was low, the staff did their best with a tough situation. I stayed here because of the pet-friendly policy. If you can afford it, I would recommend staying at a 3 star or better hotel in the area--if possible.
Under the category of "you get what you pay for," this hotel was cheap, available and pet friendly. Staff was helpful, food was available. Easily accessible from ground floor.

Room Tip: ground level rooms subject to car noise/lights if smokie smell is a problem--check room first.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank taterhed
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I read the reviews on this place beforehand as it was halfway stopping point on map on our way home.I was trying to save money; I guess $75 is now a cheaper price for a room these days. I made a reservation enroute as we got in late. The parking lot was kinda depressing; an old vacant Shoney's next door and noisey traffic on road in front. Office entrance had nice well maintained flowers in pots. The office was clean..girl at desk was not friendly when I checked in. Did not smile or offer any conversation. Next morning however, there was a young man on duty that was very nice and made up for her lack of attention. The room was very clean; bed comfortable and shower worked fine. No frills, but again...clean. Next morning we had a cereal and bagel and decent coffee before leaving. Maybe I have watched too many episodes of "Hotel Impossible" but it would be nice (and inexpensive) to put up some local art work (it is a college town) or photos of the local history to add some interest in the lobby. My husband also wondered why only one small table with 2 chairs for guests and would have liked to have had a waffle, but no sugar free syrup available for diabetics.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family