“Low expectations”

Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Cleveland, Ohio
“Low expectations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I did not have high expectations when I arrived at the Lakeview Resort, but I was traveling for work and really didn't have many requirements beyond a clean room with a bed. I did however expect that my room should lock. Honestly, if I were going to make a list of things that are really important in a hotel room, locking doors wouldn't even cross my mind. It's just a given that a hotel room should have a functioning lock. The first room I was given at the Lakeview did not. I'm still amazed at how this was even possible.

The second room did have a lock so that was an improvement, but it also had a rather large bug on the ceiling, no free outlets to charge my phone, and about 10 years of dust and grime in the light fixture in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable but I had a hard time sleeping because I was worried about the bug. Call me silly if you like, but it bothered me. I don't like bugs and when I pay to stay in a hotel, I do not think that I should have to share my room with the local wildlife.

In addition to the hotel's general run down state, the atmosphere didn't suit me either. It seemed like everyone else staying at the hotel was there on a boys trip to play golf. I think they probably cater to that sort of thing. As a woman traveling alone, it was a little uncomfortable. There were no other female guests that I saw. Normally I wouldn't be bothered by that sort of thing, but when a group of men follows you on the elevator late at night and they start calling you sweetie, it's a little creepy. Not that the hotel is really responsible for their guests but that's what it's like.

Also, the breakfast is not included. It's cheap so you might be tempted to just pay for it. Don't bother. It is actually overpriced for the quality.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank noodlenj
LVRoomsManager, Manager at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Please allow me to apologize for your recent experience. We have addressed your concerns to make sure this does not happen in the future. We hope that you will choose to stay at Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Our family attended a wedding here recently and we could not have had a better experience. From the moment we arrived everyone and I mean everyone at the resort made us feel like we were valued and like family. We loved the property and it was very well maintained. I highly reccommend this property and our family will be back very soon. We came for a wedding but we're coming back for a vacation this summer and we can't wait!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Tracy M
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent visit to Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa. We strive to make sure our guests are made to feel at home by every associate they come in contact with.
Delmont, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I have been going on golf trips to Lakeview / Mountain View for 20+ years. For the first 8/10 years it was a great bargain, then for a few years there appeared to be a bit of decline (still a bargain). I have noticed that there appears to have been recent renovations and posative attitude. Over the past several years - the facilities have been renovated and the service personel have become very friendly and attentive. The value has always been there as the golf courses are typically in great shape and are challenging. I highly recommend this resort - I am from the PGH area and typically go 2 / 3 times a year for the golf package which included, 2 rounds of golf, accomodations, a buffet breakfast and choice of dinner at the sports bar all for around $120 / $150 pp depending on the season.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank George D
Thank you for your review of our resort! We are always pleased to hear back from our frequent guests about the improvements we have made. There are still more upgrades coming in the future.
Loudonville, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Sorry but this is the worst condo we have stayed in and we do a lot of traveling. The maintenance, upkeep and housekeeping were all poor. Some of the windows and glass doors were so bad you couldn't see through them, the glass sliding doors to the patio's were secured with a piece of wood plank, the curtain rods were cheap ones so the curtains didn't open properly. The glass sliding doors were off the track. This was a 2 bedroom condo and there were only 4 very thin cheap towels. We actually went out and bought our own towels. They do not supply dishwasher soap, or other necessary things like garbage bags. A first for us. Little TV in the living room and very poor décor. I'm sorry but I can not recommend this condo, it is in need of some serious upkeep and updating. Where are the maintenance fees going???

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sandy D
We appreciate the feedback of your recent stay. The condos are in the process of being renovated. They have updated the exteriors of the condos over the past year with all new decks and new siding on all of the buildings. The interior will continue to be renovated of the next few years. We hope that you will return to the property in the future and see what we've done.

Travellers are raving about these Morgantown hotels

Kingwood, West Virginia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

To sum it up the accommodations ..well there wasn't any. It is overpriced. You have to pay for everything..I paid 166.00 for one night and didnt even get breakfast you have to pay for that seperate. Oh and on the website it said guests must be 18-21 to check in but when we made reaservations the person who was taking our reservations said you had to be 21 years old to do so..Then you had prom and a 70's theme party and a wedding reception all at the same time..Uh not very good example for the prom kids having to be on the road when you have drunks leaving at the same time but i guess thats life..Overall I will not be returning.

Room Tip: For the price and quality your better off staying in a Hotel!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cheryl B
LVRoomsManager, Manager at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
We're sorry that you were not pleased with your recent stay. Lakeview is a popular destination for multiple events in our different ballrooms. We will also review our policies on our website and make sure they are correct. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the future.
Sacramento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

This was a return visit to Lakeview Resort. We were greeted by a very friendly front desk staff. Our room was in excellent condition and very clean,it smelled fresh. The restaurant has a great atmosphere and very tasty food. Service was quick and friendly. Lakeview Resort had activities and functions going that we were invited to participate in. We had a great visit and will come back soon. Loved Lakeview Resort!!!! Thanks for the memories...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Aliauggie
Thank you very much for your response! It is always nice to hear from our returning guests and how they enjoyed the renovations that have taken place over the winter. You will also see more improvements on your next visit.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Very nice stay! The staff is great, very pleasant and helpful. Very clean hotel. All of our family and friends loved the hotel for our get together. We are so glad we chose to stay again and I'm sure we will be back. Really great property!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank dmskee
LVRoomsManager, Manager at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa! We appreciate hearing input from our guests. We are continuing renovations and would love for you to see what we've done on your next trip to Morgantown.