I did not have high expectations when I arrived at the Lakeview Resort, but I was traveling for work and really didn't have many requirements beyond a clean room with a bed. I did however expect that my room should lock. Honestly, if I were going to make a list of things that are really important in a hotel room, locking doors wouldn't even cross my mind. It's just a given that a hotel room should have a functioning lock. The first room I was given at the Lakeview did not. I'm still amazed at how this was even possible.
The second room did have a lock so that was an improvement, but it also had a rather large bug on the ceiling, no free outlets to charge my phone, and about 10 years of dust and grime in the light fixture in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable but I had a hard time sleeping because I was worried about the bug. Call me silly if you like, but it bothered me. I don't like bugs and when I pay to stay in a hotel, I do not think that I should have to share my room with the local wildlife.
In addition to the hotel's general run down state, the atmosphere didn't suit me either. It seemed like everyone else staying at the hotel was there on a boys trip to play golf. I think they probably cater to that sort of thing. As a woman traveling alone, it was a little uncomfortable. There were no other female guests that I saw. Normally I wouldn't be bothered by that sort of thing, but when a group of men follows you on the elevator late at night and they start calling you sweetie, it's a little creepy. Not that the hotel is really responsible for their guests but that's what it's like.
Also, the breakfast is not included. It's cheap so you might be tempted to just pay for it. Don't bother. It is actually overpriced for the quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Virginia’s Top Family Resort. Nestled in the rolling hills of West Virginia and only 10 miles south of the Pennsylvania border, Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s premier golf resort destinations. On 500 pristine acres sits two championship West Virginia golf courses, great accommodations, unforgettable weddings, productive meetings and fun for the whole family. We offer a variety of West Virginia's best stay and play golf packages including golf, accommodations and dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Scanticon Hotel Morgantown
- Lakeview Scanticon Resort