The Lakeview Golf "Resort and Spa" is well past its prime, if it ever had one. The rooms in the hotel are tiny, cramped, dark and dreary. Although we were told the hotel rooms had been "renovated" they look like they were transported form the 1950's but not in a good way. The fitness center is well equipped and the golf course provides a pleasant surrounding but the rooms are so bad they dominate the experience and leave one feeling depressed, disappointed and, frankly, ripped off.
In summary, don't stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- West Virginia’s Top Family Resort. Nestled in the rolling hills of West Virginia and only 10 miles south of the Pennsylvania border, Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa is one of the Mid-Atlantic’s premier golf resort destinations. On 500 pristine acres sits two championship West Virginia golf courses, great accommodations, unforgettable weddings, productive meetings and fun for the whole family. We offer a variety of West Virginia's best stay and play golf packages including golf, accommodations and dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakeview Scanticon Hotel Morgantown
- Lakeview Scanticon Resort