“Very Nice Resort!”

Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Herndon, Virginia
“Very Nice Resort!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed here for the Joz Noz Kidz Celebrity Golf outing the Weekend of June 27. The rooms very very clean, the service was second to none and the amenities were fabulous and they had a nice bar just off site you can walk to called Tropix.
There is no doubt in my mind, if you are looking for a hotel that will give the big boys a run for their money, I would seriously recommend Lakeview for a stay in the Morgantown/Cheat Lake area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Buckhannon, West Virginia
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I'll start off by saying Cheat Lake is gorgeous and this resort is in a beautiful part of the country.

That being said, the resort definitely needs some work. The rooms are more in line with that of a super 8. Not exactly what I would call a resort. The first thing we noticed upon entering our room was a fishy/mildew smell. The room was cold and felt almost damp. The linens were decent. No really complaints, just not what you would expect at a "resort".

The outdoor pool was warm, clean, and pretty. Definitely outdated, but as long as it's clean I don't really care.

The lobby was gorgeous. If they would redo the rooms to match the lobby, it would be beautiful.

If you want a nice place to get away in WV, I would definitely recommend Stonewall Resort or Canaan Valley Resort over Lakeview.

Stayed July 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Looking for a couples getaway in West Virginia, having recently moved from Miami, we were nervous when we read the lakeview reviews on trip advisor. I am so glad we Ignored the reviews and went!!! I believe having a pleasurable experience is all about EXPECTATIONS! This trip was exactly what I expected, a great, affordable, mini vacation to connect with ourselves, one another and West Virginia!

You cannot see the lake from the hotel, but a drive around it is romantic. I am an avid spa goer and thought the services at spa Roma were top notch and wonderfully priced, we had a couples massage.

The hotel is clean and comfortable, if you care about thread count or wall color, you belong at the Breakers in Palm beach-not here. If you prefer to actually experience your vacation instead of counting your hotel bathroom's square footage, the lakeview will work for you!

We experienced the breakfast, which fit the bill (typical complementary offering, I probably wouldn't pay for it ). We had snacks and drinks on site as well. Beautiful views of the course on the balcony while enjoying the day's beverage special. Flatbread and burgers were tasty.

We also enjoyed the Heston farms package, which was organized through the hotel, it is a really nice taste of WV! If you are lucky enough Mr. Heston will take you on your tour of the facility and wow you with his WV ingenuity and hospitality! The dinner was amazing, great value!

In summary, a nice place for a weekend getaway, if you have the right expectations.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Erin Z
Romulus, Michigan
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed in this resort Jan 1-5 2014. The resort was great however the incline to get to our condo was nearly impossible. The activities listed did not happen 40% of the time but that may have been due to the weather as well. The gym facilities were wonderful although the pool was a bit small and there was little supervision of the young Kids in the hot tub but I guess that falls to the parents. Our condo was clean and we had all the necessary dishes and utensils with the exception of a corkscrew which I was more than happy to go out in the snowstorm to purchase. The spa was great and the ladies there were very kind and helpful. Overall a very nice mini vacation.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
LVRoomsManager, Manager at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for your review of our resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will return when we have nicer weather and you can enjoy all of the activites that we offer.
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

A lot of positives seen at Lakeview....the Registration Staff were extremely friendly, allowing me to get my room an hour early. I was told that I was given a better room...not sure what that meant. The hotel lobby was beautiful. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The sports bar/restaurant was a nice place to spend time and the food was excellent. I do not golf...but the golf course was beautifully manicured. The hotel is older but there have been a lot of renovations in the rooms and main hotel areas. The outdoor pool appeared to be rarely used as there were very few chairs and it appeared that it could use upgrades...but if you needed a dip, it would fulfill your needs. It was clean, as well as the indoor pool. The indoor pool was nostalgic with low ceilings and darkness from being built on a low level without skylights. There were plenty of guest that did use the hot tub. I know that most guest go to play golf or for weddings. I really enjoyed my stay!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay. We are currently undergoing renovations in our guest rooms and are glad to see you enjoyed the changes. We hope you will join us again to see our continuing upgrades.
Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I had the pleasure to plan my daughters wedding here for two years and the event took place recently and every detail was excellent.The entire staff was professional ,prompt and a pleasure to deal with.Shelby in the catering office was a standout to deal with.This location is a great facility for everything we could have hoped for.Thank you to everyone involved with making our family event a truly fantastic event.

Room Tip: The suites across from the indoor pool have an outside patio with a view of the lake that is teriffi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing Lakeview Resort & Spa as the venue for your daughter's wedding. We are pleased to hear that everyone enjoyed themselves over the celebration weekend.
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I am not certain why other reviewers rated this hotel poorly. It was established in 1956, so it is not a brand new shiny beach resort. It is a nice, clean hotel nestled in the mountains of WV with beautiful views of the mtns and lake.

• Stayed June 2014