“Beautiful setting, wonderful staff, great food!”

Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Richmond, Virginia
“Beautiful setting, wonderful staff, great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Took a long weekend to relax and spend some quality family time with my mother and daughter. We planned to go hiking and white water rafting. Upon arrival we were quickly checked in and sent to a beautiful and comfortable room. We then went to Legend's for a bite to eat after the 6 hour drive and the food was terrific. After a wonderful night sleep, we got up and spent a few hours sitting on the deck talking. Then it was time to go on our adventure, and boy, what's an adventure! I will never forget this amazing 3 generation weekend and I will definitely be coming back.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DMVphotos
LVRoomsManager, Manager at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review Lakeview Golf Resort & Spa. We are pleased to here you enjoyed your recent stay with us and hope you will join us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Sutton, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My son, Elliott, and I stayed here the night before his tonsil surgery. The girl who checked us in on 8/10/14 was wonderful and very helpful.Later on in the evening when Elliott asked her for a pen, she found him crayons and gave him paper to color on. Our room was huge well maintained with comfortable beds. My son enjoyed swimming in the indoor pool and eating at Legends. We had no problems from check in to check out. Kevin the maintence man even took time to talk to my son while we were walking in the hallway. My only regret was we had to leave at 4:15am to get to the hospital. My son wishes he had the extra 7 hours of swimming and wants to bring back his sisters. Please let us know of any upcoming specials you might have. Thank You Marie and Elliott Armentrout Room 214 Aug 10

Room Tip: Our room face the parking lot but it was very quiet.
2 Thank Jamiemmaw
We are happy to hear that you and your son had such a great time before his surgery. Hopefully he is recovering well. We will also add you to our mailing list for future events.
Manhattan Beach, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed for a day on the beautiful grounds where our niece's wedding and reception was held. The staff and service were pleasant and very helpful. Our room was very clean and nicely furnished. Our only problem was a toilet handle that was broken but repair staff took care of it within 10 minutes of calling the front desk. We were a bit disappointed that our no-smoking room was located on the 3rd floor of a wing that has no elevators, making carrying our baggage up 3 flights of stairs a bit cumbersome. But we packed light and we needed the exercise so it wasn't so bad.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. We are in the process of renovating our guest rooms and hope you will join us again to see our improvements.
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I stayed were for a weekend. He had a room over looking the golf course. Even t hough the golf course was closed for the season the is still much to do in this area from local wineries to antique shops. we Had a 2 bedroom townhouse with a fire place. STaff wa professional and helpful I requested choclate covered strawberries to be in the room for you arrival and they were on the table when we got there. Will stay again in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wolfewww36
North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Their address entered into our GPS took us to the middle of a trailer park. When I called the hotel for directions, they gave me a different address to use and said "oh, this happens all the time when you use a GPS." Carpeting in the halls and the rooms looked new, large flat-screen TV in the room, but old wallpaper and fixtures. First room was dirty and had dead bugs and an oily substance on the vanity. I asked to change rooms and the second room had no coat hangers and a crumbling ceiling, but was clean. I then asked for a discounted price from the full-price I was paying. The front desk was understanding and honored my request with no questions asked. By now I deserved a drink, so we headed to the bar. Once the waitress learned we actually wanted to order food and drink, she was attentive and friendly. The riblet appetizer was at least double the size stated on the menu, but very tough. My prime rib sandwich was totally overcooked. If it wasn't for the melted provolone cheese and gravy it would have been inedible. I ate it because I was tired and starving after an almost 8 hour drive that should have taken less than 6. When asked about the food, I told the waitress the food was "just ok." She didn't bat an eye or ask what I didn't like since I did finish my meal. We slept well as the beds were surprisingly comfortable. The next afternoon we did enjoy a delicious (but nothing special) buffet in Fusions at our family reunion. I'm wondering if Fusions and Legends have different chefs. The outdoor seating at Legends provides pretty views overlooking the narrow 18th fairway and green. The golf course looked in good shape from our viewpoint. Supposedly the family membership is $100/month with a special going on at the time of our stay of $50/month. At these prices, it would seem there'd be a lot of hackers playing the course and I'm questioning the actual condition of the course; however, we did not have time to play and judge for ourselves. For no particular reason, we did not use the pool or the hot tub. If it weren't for the convenience of staying where our family was staying and our party was being held, we would have chosen a different hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Morgantown hotels

Florida, Usa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

This resort is quite run down, starting with the dated sign at the entrance and all the way to the water stained ceilings, leaky toilets and tubs with the great view down the drain. We stayed there because of golf, but never again. The rooms are motel quality at best with very dated bathrooms. The doors into the different parts of the sprawling hotel building are not managed by guest keys and are open access to anyone: We had someone knock on the door at midnight announcing they were room service with our hand towels. The gym is excellent, by the way, with a lap swimming pool, sauna and indoor tennis courts. But overall this place needs an update to be called a resort.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
LVRoomsManager, Manager at Lakeview Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. We are currently renovating our guest rooms and hope you will return again to see our finished product.
Grafton, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Lakeview catered our recent open house event and did a fantastic job. We've used Steve and his staff many times because we know the food will be delicious and the service is second to none! It's comforting to know when planning an event, Lakeview catering has you covered!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience. We are pleased to hear your event was such a success.