“destinations”
Review of Morgantown Motel

Morgantown Motel
Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed 25 May 2011

I have found this motel has a very good, convienient location & is economical for this area. They are renovating, the newer rooms are very nice. The motel owner & staff seem to be very conscientious and customer service oriented. My stay was very good and I will return.
The room I stayed in was renovated and very nice. They are also doing landscaping on this
very nice 5 acre river front property. On the landscape I was able to enjoy grilling outside, which was most enjoyable. I see the future looks very bright for this local motel.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 11, it was very nice indeed....
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 June 2010

Other hotel motel were selling the rooms for 199.99.

1  Thank Mon12345678
Reviewed 10 April 2010

It wasn't the nicest place,but it wasn't that bad. my boyfriend and I stayed there for a week and i kinda enjoyed it. we had free cable and air. the bed was plenty big enough. We walked everywhere we went, but the motel was close to a giant eagle and an aldi where we were able to find everything we needed. The people there were pretty nice for the most part. The workers were very understanding.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2009

Don't stay at the Morgantown Motel. It is a pure DUMP. Even though I reserved a month in advance with a credit card, there was confusion if I had a room when checking in. They put me in a smoking room even though I reserved a non-smoking room. The remote for the TV did not work; batteries were most likely dead. The smoke detector was disconnected (see photo). There was mold around the bathtub (see photo). The bath mat was actually PAPER. And there was no security lock on the door (see photo).

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank byronbrady
Reviewed 31 May 2008

If you and your friends are looking for a place that reminds you of the Bate's motel this would be it.

The hotel is situated on the top of a hill in Morgantown WV. It has exterior doors to the parking lot and still has real keys (not the plastic security cards).

When I walked into the room my first thought was it smelled like the cabins at the camp I went to when I was a kid. Musty! The walls were painted white panel and the bedspreads were from the 1960-70's.

The room had a lean to it that my friend had her husband sleep "down hill" from her in fear that he would naturally roll over on her due to the downgrade.

The good news was that the sheets and towels appeared to be clean.

My recommendation would be pay the extra $10 and stay somewhere down the road unless you are looking for the nostalgia tour.

The good news out of our stay was it made the Super 8 that we stayed in the next night look like the Ritz!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends