“Quality Gyros and then Some”
Review of Mediterranean Market & Deli - CLOSED

Mediterranean Market & Deli
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I first tried the Mediterranean Market years ago, back before I had ever experienced Greek/Mediterranean food and when a Gyro was foreign to me. 4 years ago I took my girl there on our first date and I stuck to the chicken wrap. Fast forward to a week ago when we decided to return to where our first date was. First ill talk about the food and then mention a few things about the location and decor.

The menu has a lot of selections, some American and some more ethnic. Theres even a number of different ways to have your gyro for those that dont want the pita (sub,sandwich, platter). After becoming a fan of gyros in the last few years I decided to try theirs for the first time. I also got a side of the Tortellini Salad and the Sun Dried Tomato Pasta Salad. My gf got the Gyro platter which came with meat, pita, Hummus, olives and feta, and Tabbouleh. We also tried the Meat Grape Leaves. EVERYTHING was delicious. This was the 4th place ive had the Gyro and i was very impressed. The sauce was kind of bland and could serve to be better seasoned but the meat and pita was spot on. The grape leaves were very good and the Sun Dried Tomato Pasta was AMAZING in flavor. It came with a dressing and small cheese cubes along with the tomatoes and pasta. Im a huge fan. My gf and I both liked the Tabbouleh and she enjoyed the hummus (I dont eat it). We both took some food home and only paid around $30 for everything we got with 2 drinks as well.

All of the food was very affordable with the only complaint being that my gf felt there should have been more pita bread with her order as she did order the dinner size and for me feeling that the portion of the sun dried tomato salad was a little smaller than i wanted.

Location is prime on High st and the place inside is huge. I would suggest some small changes to give more direction to 1st time diners who may be confused when walking into the door since the counter where you order feels so far away. Once you get past that, you notice the restaurant is a hodgepodge of styles with only small things tying to its Med. identity. There are some nice seats in the window for those that dont mind being on display, but the rest could use some improvement.

The service was good in our opinion and the food so good I went back a week later for another Gyro. This place is well worth the visit.

1  Thank MischiefWV

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This place is one of the best restaurants in Morgantown, WV. If you ever go there, you will always feel like wanting to visit the same place again!

1  Thank OmarFSA
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

This was a very convenient little restaurant. Our service was very good and we would come back again. This is very close for students to because it is located on campus.

1  Thank 187travel
Reviewed 30 May 2013

This is one of my go-to places for a good meal! Everything always tastes incredibly fresh, portion size is spot on, and there is a ton of variety. I am a big fan of the combo platter, which includes gyro, hummus, pita, falafel, and tabouleh. This is a good place to go if you're new to mediterranean food; it has a relaxed atmosphere and the staff are nice and helpful.

1  Thank Micalyn A
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Great for lunch! Delicious sandwiches, salads, and pasteries. You can't go wrong with the Mediterranean Market & Deli!