“So-so”

Cuisines: Taiwanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 14 November 2009

I ordered take-out from this restaurant SPECIFICALLY because there were so many great reviews. Unfortunately, I wasn't impressed. In order to try something Taiwanese, I ordered the salt & pepper chicken. I am no expert in Taiwanese cuisine, but it was totally bland. The Szechuan style chicken wasn't much tastier. All I can recommend from my meal is the vegetable spring roll, standard fare.

There are newer reviews for Lavender Cafe

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed 15 October 2009

This is amazing chinese food.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 15 July 2009

The food is delicious, the owners are very nice and the green tea is awesome!

1  Thank crjpao
Reviewed 8 June 2009

Lavender is a wonderful restaurant and a welcome addition to Morgantown's dining scene. The menu doesn't offer a lot in the way of description, but is very extensive and has lots of hidden gems. Everyone I know has a different favorite item. I have been here over 20 times, and everything I've ordered has been delicious. The ingredients are very fresh and the portions are generous. I can easily get two meals from one serving. I've been very impressed with the quality of their sauces and the overall complexity of taste in their dishes.

The restaurant itself is not fancy, but it's very clean and charming. The same waitstaff are always there, and they are incredibly nice and helpful. The service is also very fast and responsive. They do offer takeout, and they now serve alcohol. The lunch specials are very reasonable. They also have a great tea selection, and will make smoothies, bubble tea, and cold and hot drinks.

While it's not fine dining, I really think the quality of the food is extremely high, especially for the price. The great food, plus the consistently fast and friendly service makes this one of our favorite "go-to" places when neither of us is able to cook. And I would certainly say it beats every Chinese take-out place in town, hands down.

1  Thank lisannabelle
Reviewed 10 August 2008

IThere's no shortage of Asian restaurants in Morgantown, but this recent addition is unique. It features Taiwanese food and bubble tea. The menu (http://www.morgantownlavender.com/2.html) shows the extensive variety of both food and beverages. After several meals there, I highly recommend it. My favorite appetizer so far has been Taiwanese salt and pepper chicken. My favorite entrees have been Taiwanese chunk chicken in hot pot and Shredderd chicken with hot peppers; both were spicy and very tasty. Even a commonly available dish like General Tso's Chicken was unique there (e.g., large chunks of chicken with a nice texture and taste). There are plenty of less spicy dishes too. The restaurant offers a lot of Bubble Teas to choose from; I prefer them without the Tapioca pearls (bubbles), but bubbles are popular with my friends. They also offer smoothies; the lemon smoothie is my favorite (so far). The service is excellent; the servers are attentive and helpful. Finally, they're closed on Mondays. but have convenient hours for the rest of the week (Tue - Thu 11-9:30, Fri - Sat 11-10:30, and Sun noon - 9).

1  Thank WVRoger