“Best Restaurant in Morgantown”

Ogawa Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 288 Restaurants in Morgantown
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Morgantown, WV
“Best Restaurant in Morgantown”
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I was introduced to Ogawa by a colleague about a year ago. Since then, I have been there at least one or twice a month. The food is fantastic - and I've never had a bad meal here. The sushi is always fresh and well presented. It was a delightful surprise to find that we had a local sushi restaurant of this caliber. The restaurant decor is okay - not great. But the food is fantastic and service is always friendly and efficient. As another reviewer noted, parking is inconvenient, but I've never been there when parking has been unavailable in the back lot. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank diver26508

Morgantown, WV
“Best Sushi and Sashimi in Town”
Reviewed 17 February 2010

Sure, Ogawa has some issues: Parking is a pain in this part of Morgantown, and the atmosphere is somewhat lacking. But we're here for the food, and for that, it's fantastic.

I was introduced to Ogawa just about a month ago and have been there several times already, enjoying unbelievably fresh, perfectly prepared sushi and sashimi, along with perfectly complimentary white wines. I've had only the tuna and yellowtail platters and the salmon so far, but all three have been wonderful.

It's hard to believe you can find sushi of this caliber in landlocked Morgantown, W.Va., but it is delicious and worth trying.

East Coast US
“Love the lunchbox & sushi rolls . . . nice atmosphere as well.”
Reviewed 15 July 2009

Love the lunchbox & sushi rolls . . . nice atmosphere as well.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Always great sushi - I've never tried anything else because I love the sushi and sashimi so much, but I've heard the...”
Reviewed 19 August 2008

Always great sushi - I've never tried anything else because I love the sushi and sashimi so much, but I've heard the noodles are excellent as well. The lunch box is the best deal in town - before 2:30 pm, you can get a great selection of sushi, tempura and other tasties for under $10.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook