“Eat on the water!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Situated on Cheat Lake in the beautiful mountains, this fun casual restaurant is a great place to catch up with friends. Try hand-cut fries, Italian sandwiches and shrimp. From the looks of things it's a hoppin night spot and has heating lamps to keep patrons warm. The service was wonderful and beer selection rocked.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Archie's Lakehouse is arguably the best combined setting and food in Morgantown, West Virginia. Situated on Cheat Lake, the location cannot be better. The menu offers sumptuous choices. I have eaten there more than ten times during the past several years, and the food has always been excellent. We sailed there, had lunch today in mid-October outside in the sun, while enjoying the fall foliage. The service was extraordinary and the food nicely prepared. I recommend this place without reservation. Lucky we live West Virginia!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Enjoyed a nice evening here with friends and the food was fantastic. I had lobster bisque soup, twiced baked potato, brown sugar salmon, pistachio cake and spinach dip. Also my friends had the scallops, spinach salad and grouper which were very good as well they commented. Our waiter was very attentive and I feel bad I dont remember his name , We ate on the deck and heard a great local singer perform. Beautiful evening and enjoyed myself tremendously. Also , from past experience the wings are great!
Would recommend this place to anyone esp if you like a lake atmosphere.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Not much to look at from outside, but neat nautical décor inside. we sat on deck over water in the marina were it was a little buggy but still pleasant. Very friendly service(Taylor). We has the mussels for appetizer and they were exceptional. My son had the salmon in a brown sugar crust and he almost licked his plate. My shrimp scampi over risotto was very fresh but a little bland. We both had dessert which was very good. I feel this was a great meal at a fair price. There was also a guitar playing singer on deck that evening which added to the overall enjoyment of the night

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We only ate there once for lunch, but got to sit at the window facing the lake. It was like looking into a live picture. We got pulled pork sandwiches which were good but the scenery was much better. They serve a wide variety of food and alcoholic beverages. They also have a sports bar with a few flat screen TVs separate from the restaurant. There is also a boat rental service next door and boat docks. We went during the week and not many people around, but we were told the weekends are busy