“Well done”

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Elmira, Canada
“Well done”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Good value, hot coffee, clean as a whistle....what more could a southern bound, snow weary Canadian want!!! Front desk staff were very professional, bed met a Chiropractor"s standards and there were pillows for every shape of neck. Roomy breakfast area, with slightly above average continental fare. Would stay here again

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Harold P
Ursula M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Morgantown, responded to this review, 31 May 2015
Keep us in mind for your future travels and don't forget to ask about the Canadian Travelers special that we are running this summer.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Londonderry, New Hampshire
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I had a good stay at this hotel & the staff was friendly and helpful. My only complaint is that the breakfast in the morning sucked. You had to fight for a soggy microwaved jimmy dean breakfast sandwich and that was the only protein on the bar. There was a single waffle machine with a long line. I felt sick eating there & would recommend you get breakfast at a McDonalds/Burger King instead.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thanks for staying with us in the past, I just wanted to take the time to let you know that based on our valued customer reviews we have implemented a free Hot Breakfast which has been receiving many positive reviews. Thank you for taking the time to let us know what we can do better...your opinion really matters. I hope you will consider us again when visiting Morgantown, WV. We will give you the same great service with some additional upgrades!
wv
Reviewed 11 February 2013

we stayed at this hotel, because it was convenient, and it looked nice on the internet. The first night we were there, I took a relaxing hot bath. The next morning when I got up to shower, as I looked up, I spotted a nasty rag with a "brown" spot on it, I immediately got disgusted, as I had just layed in this tub the night before. We went ahead and finished getting ready and left for the day, without telling management about the rag. When we came back that evening, the first place I looked when I got in the room was the shower, and YES the rag was still there, in the same place. I then went to front desk to tell someone, she came to the room and got the rag and said oh yes, this is a cleaning rag.. I said it has been here for the 2nd "cleaning" day in a row. She said she would tell a manager. Next day my daughter lost a card and thought it had slipped under microwave, as I was looking..I found a nasty dirty comb with hair in it.. I understand that housekeeping probably only gets paid minimum wage, but this was unacceptable for a hotel that charges the rates that it did and to get this kind of services. When I checked out, nothing was said, I asked for a manager and all he said was I apologize. REALLY???? never will we be back.

Room Tip: check your room for dirty cleaning rags and combs. Management does not care if your room is nasty
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank princessmommyWv
I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment with your past stay, We have implemented an upgraded cleaning and training procedure called Clean Matters, We value our guests and want them to have a great experience every time. Your comments were shared and we have made many changes in the past two years. It is our goal to make this a one time incidents.
Reviewed 29 December 2012 via mobile

The staff at the front were nice but a little unprofessional. they told me they couldn't do a government rate due to it being a weekend. They also seemed poorly trained with how Marriott rewards work and I had a tough time trying to get the service Im used to for a rewards member at other Marriott hotels. They just seemed interested in filling the rooms for the night and no so much on customer satisfaction. Also a note to the manager; maybe you should have your employees that run the front wear business attire instead of WV T-shirts and not fold towels and laundry while checking people in.

A few notes on the room:
The walls are thin and I could actually hear what the people next door were saying and watching.
The ac unit compressor is loud when it kicks on.
The bed needs replaced and the bed springs squeak and wobble.
The chair is small and ours had a stain on it that looked like man or woman love juice stains on it. (pic is in the photo album)
The smell is musty and overpowering so we just covered it up with perfume.

All in all it was very low quality construction along with a poorly maintained furniture and room.

I'm sad to say this is the poorest of any fairfield I've stayed at. It may be more worth it if I paid the government rate of $80 instead of $110.

The room we stayed in is room 124

• Stayed December 2012
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Fairfield Inn in Granville multiple times and for long periods at a time. My last stay was from Sept to Dec Mon-Thurs. The Staff was always helpful, welcoming and friendly.I think it is one of the better hotels in the Morgantown area. It close to restarurants, shopping, movies and gas. A business traveler dream.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Reviewed 23 October 2012

This hotel met/exceeded the standards for a Fairfield Inn. Breakfast was well stocked with the minimal choices typical of this chain. The hotel was clean, VERY friendly staff and overall very comfortable. Flat screen TV in the rooms, indoor pool and home made cookies in the evening!

We stayed there for two nights while attending a football game. The location of this hotel is perfect. Several nice chain restaurants within walking distance. Close to the coliseum, football stadium etc.

When I go back to Morgantown, I will surely stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple