“BEWARE”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Morgantown
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Spent the weekend for a WVU football game. 2 days fri & sat. I was charged $670 on my debit card even though I paid $480 in cash at check in. As of Tuesday nite the $670 still not in my account. This amount has now overdrawn my bank acct. and is now racking up overdraft fees. Spent all day on phone with Fairfield inn. BEWARE using debit card they now say it can take 7-10 bus days to return my money. Even though I thought i was only putting a balance of $152 on my card it is Marriots "Policy" to put full amount regardless of what amount paid at check in. Bill C

• Stayed: October 2013
Ursula M, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2015

I am sorry about the experience you had when you stayed with us. We are required to obtain the entire authorization of the room and tax for a guests stay but I can assure you that we have used your comments and concerns to train our Front Desk staff to communicate the procedures to all our guests to avoid any frustration to our guests.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Great place to stay with a beautiful view. A very nice room,exceptionally clean and comfortable. The bed was just right. The staff were helpful and friendly. The motel is very convenient to shopping and restaurants. The lights in the parking area were quite close to the building and shined in the rooms on the first floor.

Room Tip: A room away from the lights or on a higher floor would be better.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Sharon F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us in Morgantown! Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback about your experience. Making sure that guests are comfortable and satisfied with their experience with us is our first priority, and hearing feedback from our guests is very encouraging and shows that our hard work is paying off. If you travel in the area again, please come and see us!

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Great stay for one night as a business traveler. Wifi was free and it was easy to connect. The front desk staff were EXTREMELY helpful and kind. You really felt like they cared about your experience. The room was clean and comfy. I will definitely stay here again when I return to the area. Very close to the highway, WVU, restaurants, and shopping.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the second floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank leahkc17

We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are appreciative of your continued patronage, and we look forward to making your future stays as enjoyable as previous stay.

Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

One of the nicest rooms I have stayed at in a hotel for work. Wonderful hotel, great staff, very healthy and fresh breakfast, clean and very comfortable rooms. I will be back 100%. The only downside was that you could hear a lot from the hallway-- but everything else made up for it.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Erika R

We are very pleased to see you have given us excellent survey scores and enjoyed your stay with us. We sincerely appreciate you taking time to review your recent stay. We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This hotel has the best customer service from the ladies at the front desk,Madison and Joyce who were very friendly and ready to make our stay wonderful to the assistant manager Sharon who made sure there was coffee and lemonade available . These ladies went above and beyond to make this weary traveler feel very welcome. They even called to ask how my room was,

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Cindy R

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Fairfield Inn and Suites in Morgantown! Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback about your experience. Making sure that guests are comfortable and satisfied with their experience with us is our first priority, and hearing feedback from our guests is very encouraging and shows that our hard work is paying off. If you travel in the area again, please come and see us!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

When Storm Sandy came through my parents and us lost power for over 2 weeks we were running on generator power and my parents came to stay with us due to no backup heat source. We stayed two nights in Morgantown due to my father having surgery. The swimming pool, spa, smiling faces and fresh baked cookies was a nice reprieve from being in the middle of power lines down and bad roads. The Continental breakfast food was good and plentiful. Our motel room was handicapped accessible and clean. The Friends and Family discount compliments of my brother who builds for the Marriott family was a money saver with us running generators at 40-60 dollars a day to keep the house heated. We were located on the hill near to town center area with Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Target, Sam's, Best Buy, Sheetz, Barnes and Noble, the Movie theater within walking distance or a very short drive away.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DonnaP26444

I am so glad that we could be a home away from home for you during a time that was stressful for you and your family. We always want to live up to the Fairfield Promises to Always make our guests feel welcome and provide them with the service that will make them want to return!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Due to weather and traffic, we had to make a last minute hotel change to a property in Morgantown WV. Wow, the staff was awesome!! They had warm cookies (YUM) at the front desk and more than anything else, they were polite, helpful and made the check in process smooth. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We were there less than ten hours but i would definitely recommend this property!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kathryn B

Thank You! I believe that I have the best staff in town. We want every guest to feel welcome no matter how long or short their stay with us may be,