“decent overnight in WV”

Ramada Morgantown Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed 12 April 2014

After a tire on my car blew out , on I68, the wonderful (and free) WV road service, not only, changed my tire, but, recommended I stay at the Ramada in Morgantown. (since I couldn't continue on a "donut" spare tire). The Ramada was very convenienty situated off of the exit 1; and, I could see the Walmart close by, off the exit, too. Thankfully, they had a room available, for a reasonable price, (on a Friday night). Also, they had a bar/restaurant on premise, which was a great surprise..'cause I didn't want to venture out on the "spare". My room was large and comfortable, with free wifi. The restaurant/bar had a decent appetizer menu/ and a good drink! There was a $7.00 covercharge at 10pm, (at the bar), for a comedy show, if you choose to stay. All the staff I encountered: clerk, waiter, hostess...were polite and welcoming! My only complaint..digital clock in room was wrong by 2hrs (I'm dumb for not checking my watch, etc!!), and, I think the room needed to be vacuumed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Maybe things have gotten better than described in older reviews, or maybe I got lucky, but I was quite comfortable and happy with my stay here at the Ramada. Everybody was very helpful in providing service. My room and bed were quite comfortable and clean. The wifi wirked well- in fact i'm using it to write thus review. It is true that they could have done better with the soundproofing of the door. I was in one of the renovated rooms, where you can still see traces of the age of the room. i would describe the renovation as 90%- very good but nit quite all the way. However most of the appointments were quite nice. Unlike some of the other reviews, my room had a large flat screen TV and even a Jacuzzi in the room. The bathroom was kind of small but certainly workable. The free breakfast included scrambled eggs, home fries, biscuits and gravy, bacon, donuts, cereal, make-your-own Belgian waffles, orange juice and coffee. The parking lot needs repaving. It's about 4 miles outside the city center, which is fine. For the price paid, i am very happy abd pleasantly surprised.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I expected a little more from the Ramada facility. The building and lobby appear quite fine. However the room itself was disappointing. First of all, our reservation was made months in advance. When we arrived at 7:30, we were told no king rooms were left but we would be provided a handicapped room, which I quite agreed to.
Incidentally, the desk clerk served me with an unlit cigarette in her hand as she was preparing for a break.
The tub/shower setup was ridiculous. The hand-held shower would not stay in a fixed position. We couldn't shower properly therefore any person with a physical handicap would encounter greater difficulty. Perhaps the manager should try it out!
Both garbage containers had not been emptied from previous stay. Also one lightbulb out in the bathroom. Bed and TV were great. However the wall AC/Heater was very loud making for a restless sleep.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

This is the third time I stayed at the Ramada Inn during a quick visit to Morgantown. I was very disappointed.
The room was filthy. The pucture hanging on the wall had dirt and filth covering it. The wallpaper was peeling from the ceiling and looked like it was covered in black mold. The shower head also had dirt and mold on it. I couldn't wait to get home and shower in my bathroom. Ugh.
The staff is pleasant and the value is decent for one night but the cleanliness is disgusting.
I'm turned off.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Travellers also viewed these Morgantown hotels
Quality Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Morgantown
SpringHill Suites Morgantown
SpringHill Suites Morgantown
#7 of 25 in Morgantown

Been to Ramada Morgantown Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Morgantown Hotel & Conference Center

Address: 20 Scott Ave, Morgantown, WV 26508
Region: United States > West Virginia > Morgantown
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Price Range: £54 - £68 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Ramada Morgantown Hotel & Conference Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Morgantown Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Hotel Morgantown