Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel(Morgantown)(Great Value!)
Euro-Suites Hotel(Morgantown)
US$135
US$137
US$133
Fairfield Inn
All reviewsbuffalo wild wingsmade to order breakfastpool and hot tubwithin walking distancethe hotel staffroom was cleanrestaurants and shoppingbusiness centergreat place to staygas stationnice hotelhotel is locatedexcellent stayshuttle servicefront desk staffconvenient locationstaff was very friendly and helpful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 January 2013

My husband and I came down to Morgantown to watch my daughters college meet against WV. The hotel was only 10 minutes from the WVU pool. The hotel was very close to many stores and buffalo wild wings was next door. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very large and very clean. My only negative thing about the hotel were the beds and pillows. The bed was very hard and the pillows were not comfortable at all. Their was one type of pillow. Big and bulky. I know in other hotels they have several types of pillows and it's nice to have different options. Other than my personal preference I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lynchamongo65
Reviewed 8 January 2013

We made reservations through Hilton's mobile site on our way through the area on I-79. This property was a bit far off of the interstate, but I imagine for travelers who are coming for events at WVU, this would be a perfect location. Parking was inconvenient. We checked in late and - although the parking lot is very well lit - we felt a bit unsafe as we walked from the back of the building to the front desk. Not to mention it was bitterly cold!! Once inside, however, everything was great. Front desk staff....Trevor in particular....was wonderful. Any company that needs to train their employees on exceptional customer service should use Trevor as a textbook example of great service. The room was standard...nothing too out of the ordinary. I have found other HGI properties to be nicer with finer bed linens, duvets, and pillows (we had to go to our car in the middle of the night to get our own pillows because the ones provided were so uncomfortable). Despite these issues, we had a fine night's sleep. Room was quiet and TV/Internet were very nice and state of the art. Our room (and the property in general) was spotless. Our only real bad experience came in the morning when we went downstairs to eat breakfast. We had booked a bed & breakfast deal online and would not normally have eaten at the hotel restaurant were it not for that special. When we got down there, we were sitting for 7 minutes before being greeted (only one other table was occupied).The service was mediocre at best, but the food was excellent. I highly recommend the French Toast!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2013

The hotel is really great when it comes to its food, attentive staff and location. It offers a complimentary shuttle service which will drive you to anyplace in morgantown aslong as you book in advance. the front desk staff like Savvanah and Alex etc, are really helpful and will offer directions and tour advices at the best of their abilities.
I usually lock my bags before leaving them at any hotel, which i did with the exception being my laptop bag, guess what? Someone stole my hard disk there, I assume its the cleaning staff obviously.

Verdict: great hotel, cleaning staff are thiefs.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Having stayed many nights in Morgantown over the years, I was glad to see a new hotel go in. I like the Hilton brand and this Hilton Garden Inn did not disappoint. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful and the room was nice and clean, though the hallways did have an off smell to it. Overall I would recommend someone to stay here, and I would again as well. As a drawback, the parking lot seemed odd and not very big or intuitive.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2012

This is a great choice in Morgantown. It's new, clean and close to restaurants.

Like the other Hilton hotels we've stayed in, they have horrible pillows that are flat and make for a poor night's sleep.

We don't normally eat at hotels, but they gave us coupons for the breakfast buffet. Even if we had a pay it would have been a good deal. $10 for all you can eat hot and cold buffet. There was fruit, cereal, yogurt, oatmeal, and made to order eggs, pancakes, etc.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family