“A nice change up”
Review of Kenyan Cafe - CLOSED

Kenyan Cafe
Cuisines: African
Reviewed 9 February 2014

It's really neat that Morgantown has somewhere to eat ethnic food other than typical Asian and Indian foods...the owner is always around to explain the menu and give recommendations. Have never had a bad food experience here. Very casual...order at counter and take a seat to be served.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I haven't been to Kenya, but I've been eating African expat food all over the world, and this was very similar to some of the Ghanan and Somali meals I've had. We shared a goat Ugali, chapati, and kilimanjaro for dessert. Everything was good, the owner and waitress checked on us several times. I wish I could have tried more, but time and space were limited.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Great for vegetarian options and really friendly staff. Discovered too late in my visit to repeat visit, but will definitely stop in on my next trip to town.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

I have to say that I really looked forward to my visit at this restaurant but when I got there, my experience was different to what I had imagined. I tried out a few dishes, none of which seemed authentic or tasted anything like they're meant to.

The decor was average and is a relaxed atmosphere but the menu could do with some tweaks and improvements. It's always great to find restaurants with unique experiences, and I'm sure the Kenyan Cafe can make some adjustments to really spruce up dishes to taste like they're actually meant to.

1  Thank Techyling
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

I tried the buryanis, I dont know what that was but it was definitely not buryani. I did not feel that the food is Kenyan, just a gathered menu that the restaurant claims to be Kenyan. The Red, Masala, and Ginger teas are Indian specialties not Kenyan.
Nice seating areas though, but wouldnt recommend this place for food.