“Valentina's dinner left a lot to be desired”
Review of The Vintage Room

The Vintage Room
Ranked #120 of 302 Restaurants in Morgantown
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Cuisines: American
Description: The Vintage Room is located in downtown Morgantown. Providing woodfired gourmet pizza's, and American fare dining with steak, fish and weekend specials. Full bar service is available along with an extensive wine collection.
Reviewed 15 February 2014

The experience started when I called to make a reservation for Valentine's day. My call was passed around to a few people and then finally to someone who could book it, but I felt as though I was burdening them. I brushed it off because the website and menu looked so enticing!
There are two parking lots close by, one is a garage a few blocks away and the other a lot kitty corner to the establishment. Both are pay parking. I did not see an area specifically for Vintage room parking. We arrived early for our reservation and were seated right away. The booths are huge and could accommodate up to 8 people easily. There were only 10 booths and the majority of them were only seated as two tops, so the restaurant was NOT packed. We ordered our food and it took 40 minutes to receive our appetizers. AND 40 mins to get another water and beer. The spinach and artichoke dip was okay, the trio Slider app was delicious and the highlight of the meal. Our main courses arrived when the apps were still on the table. I ordered the bone in rib eye with a green onion buttermilk sauce, fingerling potatoes and asparagus. Everything on the plate was coated in the same seasoning and tasted the same. The potatoes were under cooked and unappetizing. The steak was under seasoned, and bland. I can't remember the last time I didn't finish a steak...my husband had the pizza. He said that it was good, but not great. The wood fire pizza oven was one of the reasons we wanted to come to the restaurant. Now about the desserts...they listed a red velvet lava cake for dessert. I expected a warm red velvet cake oozing with chocolatey goodness, what I got was a pre baked red velvet bundt cake with hot fudge poured in the middle before serving. The plate was a mess of chocolate and Carmel drizzle on EVERYTHING. The dessert had a lot of potential but I had the expectation of a lava cake. Ask for a booth closer to the bar, the one the door has the hostess stand right there and it is distracting to hear them talking and working there while trying to have a meal and conversation of your own. The restaurant decoris modern and clean. I loved the wine racks and the private dining room out front was beautiful. We would not return, the lack of service combined with the bland, mis represented food is a no go for us.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Great atmosphere for the 25-40 yr old crowd. Good food and not too crowded. Seems like it might be more crowded late night though

Reviewed 25 April 2013

A friend who has a brother who lives near Morgantown recommended this restaurant to us on our first visit to WVU - and I wanted a little nicer restaurant for my husbands birthday dinner. We had a crab dip appetizer with crostini which I really liked but my husband didn't - I guess we are spoiled coming from the chesapeake bay area of DE/MD. We also tried the lettuce wraps which were pretty good. My daughter had the blackened chicken pasta and my husband and I shared a proscuitto and pineapple pizza which I thought was delicious. I also ordered a side salad which was yummy but they forgot to put on the dressing. I had to ask for a little cup of it. I almost felt like the waitress thought I was making up the fact it had no dressing. Not quite sure we will return.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

We did not eat at this establishment but we did try several martinis and they were great. Hubby had just a good old fashioned gin martini and I had the Creamsicle Martini and it was delicious. We didn't try the "man" tini however :)

Reviewed 25 June 2012

You can tell this is a college student place, its beat up and a little smelly. Food Ok nothing special.