“Best of a bad night in Morgantown!”
Review of The Dancing Fig - CLOSED

The Dancing Fig
Price range: US$25 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Italian, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The Dancing Fig offers to its guest a flavorful array of options stemming from Italian roots and fusing with innovative techniques and tastes. Guests will enjoy inspiring cocktails made with only freshly squeezed citrus and house made ingredients. The Dancing Fig aspires to offer a complete dining experience from expertly trained service staff to tantalizing food, cocktail, and wine.
Cornwall On Hudson, New York
“Best of a bad night in Morgantown!”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Our (not good) hotel recommended this as it was a short walk. It was the only bright spot on an otherwise terrible stay (convincing us never again to stop in Morgantown!). There were very few customers and our waiter was very attentive. Their "signature" offerings are really tapas...and are very creative. Not your usual offerings...and if I had the misfortune of living in or near Morgantown I would be a regular customer.

Visited April 2014

Hockessin, Delaware
“Visited daughter at WVU”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

So I am sort of on the fence about this place. I called and made reservations for Easter brunch after reading on their website a special brunch menu will be coming! But I am not sure it ever made it to the website. They weren't sure if it was going to be a la carte or a buffet for Easter. We tried it anyway. The CLOSED sign was still out at 10:55 and we had 11:00 reservations. It turns out they did do a reduced menu (4 items) and a buffet but the buffet was not set up at all when we arrived. The hostess said she would get us water but the waitress brought it out. We tried one item from the menu and my daughter and I had the buffet. The buffet turned out to be delicious - our favorite was the mushroom dressing - but I think we enjoyed all of it. They had turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, fresh salad, potato salad, deviled eggs - same menu as last year since the sign actually had 2013 on it. I would give this place another try. They even admitted they were "disoriented" when they opened up at 11.

• Visited April 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Dancing Fig is NOT the Lira restaurant you may have visited”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Dancing Fig Review April 2014

Dancing Fig Restaurant, 344 High Street, Morgantown WV – (304) 285-8245

As you walk into the Dancing Fig, the ATM machine in the lobby immediate clues you into the history of the building. A former bank, it has been completely renovated, except for a few well-intentioned holdovers. As you pass the lobby into the dining room, the first thing you notice is the enormous vault door at the end of the room. To your left, at the end of the bar, you will pot the tellers’ cages.

The Dancing Fig is not stuffy, like the former bankers who probably worked the floor here. You are immediately greeted by a young hostess, eager to get you in and seated. She smiled, and gladly accommodated our request for a booth. Morgan informed us that our waiter’s name was Bobby, and quickly filled our water glasses. That’s what I call good service, no need to wait for something as simple as a glass of water to be poured.

Bobby, our waiter, arrived quickly thereafter, offered us cocktails, and quoted us the chef’s evening specials. He was professional, and knew how to entertain, while providing prompt (i.e. great) service. We were very pleased with the professional, yet friendly, manner that the staff at Dancing Fig provided us all evening.

We glanced over the menu, and decided to share two entrees. I ordered the mix of beef and pork, and my date this evening had the Pasta Salvio dish of enormous-sized shrimp, garlic and roasted red peppers, prepared in a blue cheese vodka sauce over fresh, homemade pasta. As you would expect at a chefs-driven restaurant, the pasta was delicious. I said “chefs-driven” because we soon discovered the two owners, Janet and Michael, are culinary experts.

My grilled mix of rosemary-rubbed beef with crushed bacon and blackened pork was the perfect combination. It was accompanied with a mix of zucchini, broccoli, red peppers and onions, with whipped red potatoes. Bobby suggested the Nuna Reserve Bonarda wine from Argentina. He hit the bull’s eye, as it was just a superb combination of food and wine. We ended our meal with the chef’s tiramisu and the in-house made limoncello, aged over 30 days. Again, only the word superb works here!

This is NOT the Lira restaurant you may have visited. This is chef owned and chef operated by two of the best minds in culinary. Ignore any reviews that mention Lira!!!

Nice finishing touch: they validated our parking fee, so it cost nothing to park. - John

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank BostonGourmet48
Morgantown, West Virginia, United States
“Good stuff”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Food was delicious, I had the shrimp mascarpone and tiramasu for dessert. My mother had one of the pasta dishes and the chocolate cake, and she enjoyed it as well. The staff were friendly and attentive.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Ed L
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Delicious meal; unattentive waitress”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We tried this restaurant for the first time having a Restaurant.com certificate. We believe the chef is the person that welcomed us to the restaurant as she was passing through the dining room. The front check in stand was unstaffed.

Overall, the food was delicious. The Brie Purses with caramel apples were fantastic and my husband and I both enjoyed the Veal Marsala. Our waitress wasn't very attentive and usually when approaching our table looked elsewhere when placing our food on the table or asking us how the food was; she didn't thank us when placing our check on the table. She may have been having a bad night.

The violinist, Michael, played beautifully and was willing to play any requests. He left at 8:30pm, but we would have liked to see him there a little longer as we were there over two hours.

The prices may be a bit high for this area and for the style of restaurant it is.

• Visited March 2014