“Disappointing second visit”

Price range: US$25 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Italian, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The Dancing Fig offers to its guest a flavorful array of options stemming from Italian roots and fusing with innovative techniques and tastes. Guests will enjoy inspiring cocktails made with only freshly squeezed citrus and house made ingredients. The Dancing Fig aspires to offer a complete dining experience from expertly trained service staff to tantalizing food, cocktail, and wine.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Our second visit to The Dancing Fig was not as good as the first. While the Brie appetizer and dinner salads were very good, the main dishes, while huge, were disappointing. My wife's eggplant Parmesan was very oily and my veal saltambocca did not have much flavor. We like bread with our meals, and it galls me that we had to pay $3 for a bread basket when the selection of breads was mediocre. The service, however, was excellent. Lucas was attentive and helpful. Also, the setting is very pleasant. The restaurant is closing at the end of the month, in part because of the lack of traffic, and with the average quality of the food we experienced (maybe it was just the selections, lbecause our dishes the first visit were very good), I can see why. If they reopen, I hope they reevaluate their policy on bread!!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We were a group of 10 for lunch following graduation. The place was not busy at all. Service was fair and could have been a little quicker. We were seated near the kitchen even though they weren't crowded - it was noisy and we were right in the line of traffic from the kitchen to the dining area and to the bathrooms.

We ordered from the brunch menu. The consensus was: the Dancing Burgers were great, the Pasta Carbonara tasty, the French Toast Yummy but the Salad a la Marlene was blah, and The Julienne sandwich was nothing special. It was a good meal and I would eat there again.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Very good food. Veal was delish. Excellent smaller dishes if you just want a little bite to nosh on. First time here...we'll be back.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This was our first meal at the Dancing Fig, and both my wife and I enjoyed the experience. The setting is very attractive and the service was excellent! I had the shrimp mascarpone which was outstanding; my wife had an appetizer and a bowl of soup, both of which she enjoyed. We were disappointed that bread was not included with the meal; the owner needs to think about offering at least a small selection with the meal. Our glass of Reisling was $9 and was skimpy by any standard considering a bottle of the same wine sells for about $15. All things considered, we will be back, and maybe bread will come with the meal!! By the way, the entertainment was three individuals playing guitars and trying to sing. Fortunately, we were not sitting close to where they were playing.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Went there when visiting our daughter at WVU. We were looking for something more than a burger or wings at a bar. Had walked past this place several times over the years, but never considered walking in, even after looking at the menu, we still considered not eating here. I am so happy we decided to eat there.

They have normal italian restaurant entrees as well as small plates. We chose the small plates and ordered 3 different ones. Calamari, Eggplant, and Polenta & shrimp, plus we got the meat & cheese plate as app. They also make their own flavored vodka martinis, which we indulged in as well.

The food, service, and drinks were awesome. There was a jazz band playing and the atmosphere fits the old bank building.

I would definitely go back here...