“Bad bed”

Holiday Inn Express Morgantown
Ranked #17 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The bed I slept in gave a new meaning to "climbing out of bed". It sagged so bad it was difficult to get out of and I slept poorly. The mattress was many months beyond its useful life. The desk clerk acknowledged that the mattresses were in need of replacement and said there was an ongoing effort to replace the mattresses, but someone waited way to long. All I got from my complaint was "sorry".

Room Tip: check the bed before accepting the room.
Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 September 2012

This hotel is located off of I-68 in the middle of shopping, restaurants, and service stations. The lobby of the hotel, including the staff, was typical Holiday Inn Express. The rooms were okay but not what you would expect for the price. On my next trip, I will browse the area for better deals but, if none are found, I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2012

It was a typical stay with no surprises, which I find more I find more and more is the best kind. It wasn't fancy, but everything was good. The room was clean every day, the breakfast was adequate, and the sleep quality was good. Stayed here for a week in June for work, and I've stayed in pretty much every Morgantown hotel, and I found this one to be one of the best. A little pricey in my opinion for what you get, but it was very vanilla, which is OK.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank gliddle1
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Hotel was clean. Staff was friendly. Pool was clean but indoors and had a high chlorine smell. Breakfast was good and had a great selection and free was the best part! Shower pressure was awesome. Beds were soft. Many channels on tv. Overall really good. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank carolyn3173
Reviewed 30 June 2012

The beds were soft, I think airbeds but with no firmness adjustment. Our TV didn't work on arrival but thy replaced it really quickly. The security latch on te door was broken but we were too tired to have it fixed. I think this property is undergoing upgrades, so it could Improve quickly.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Patty B
Reviewed 12 June 2012

This Holiday Inn Express in Morgantown is our go-to hotel when we visit our son at West Virginia University. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and the breakfast is good. It's a great location away from the hustle and bustle of downtown. We always enjoy our stays here.

Room Tip: We always get a king suite -- comfortable with lots of room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank TripMollyCat
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This was a typical Holiday Inn Express. Nothing fancy. I asked the reservationist on the telephone if the rooms with 2 beds were queens or doubles. He said Queen, but I have my doubts. The pool area is nice and enjoyable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family