“Stay Somewhere Else”

Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Wellington, Ohio
“Stay Somewhere Else”
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We had 10 Room there and were going to stay 3 weeks but are switching hotels after the first week of nightmares. we were the first full week of January and not only are the matresses in dire need of replacement, the hotel staff needs an overhaul all the way up to management. Of the 10 rooms, we had 1 room get there change stolen, which was in a pile with expense reciepts, also had food from the fridge stolen. (The maid actually open a sealed package of ham lunch meat and took some, and left their half drank pop in the fridge.) Food was taken from another room. A maid was also disgusting enough to use the hairbrush of another one of our employees in yet another room. Several other accounts of maid disturbing belongings. This was reported and not even a simple appology from the management was given. So feel free to stay here if you wish to have all your belongings rifled through and possibly stolen but I recommend any other hotel over this one!

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Steve T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgantown, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Dear Steve T.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced. We are sincerely concerned when situations like these occur, and would like to investigate further. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional information about your stay.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Located off I-79 in Morgantown, W. Va. This Hotel is fantastically situated near a mall and plenty of restaurants. Ruby Tuesdays, Outback Steakhouse and Wendy's Just to name a few. The Hotel has recently gone thru renovation and is in immaculate condition. The Jacuzzi in my room was much larger than Jacuzzi's in other hotels, the furniture is new , the carpet is spotless, bathroom and tub are big and rooms are spacious. Krissy the Front desk clerk who checked my wife and I into our rooms , was more than friendly and helpful. She helped me locate my priority club account and provided a temporary card as well. Like Krissy , Mary the front desk clerk in the morning was extremely kind and pleasant to help with things and breakfast was the best I ever had at a Holiday Inn Express. Heather who prepared breakfast had a mango drink I have not seen at any Holiday Inn breakfasts anywhere. the mango drink as well as the best gravy I have eaten at a Holiday Inn express almost makes me want to come back just for the breakfast. Anyone traveling thru and needing a room for the night. I strongly recommend Holiday Inn Express Morgantown 605 Venture Dr. the staff is very warm and friendly , rooms are clean and the breakfast is truly great. I also enjoyed the cardboard statue of Elvis behind the check in counter. Definitely more bang for your buck, " thank you , thank you very much"

Room Tip: The Hotel is located off the highway and surrounded by a shopping center and quick access to the fre...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
California, Md
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I enjoy the stay about 80% of the time.

I will say that the huge upgrade are the rooms... They have redone all the rooms in the past couple years and you can tell... The cleaning staff is great, and will help whenever they can.

The front desk does a pretty good job, except they dont welcome Plat members, by making them feel welcome. I have been Plat for 5 years and on the 30+ visits, I am not recognized anymore.

Dont go during a WVU game, its pricey

The hallways havent been updated, but I am sure they plan on it. Take the stairs, its faster than the elevator...

The pool is small but great for a couple laps.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ch3ss
Midlothian, VA
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My husband accompanied me for an orientation at WVU and we were both very pleased with our accommodations. The staff were friendly and helpful and the pool and hot tub were very nice. It was in a great location convenient to shopping, restaurants and the university and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank In4Life
Charles Town, West Virginia
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The bed I slept in gave a new meaning to "climbing out of bed". It sagged so bad it was difficult to get out of and I slept poorly. The mattress was many months beyond its useful life. The desk clerk acknowledged that the mattresses were in need of replacement and said there was an ongoing effort to replace the mattresses, but someone waited way to long. All I got from my complaint was "sorry".

Room Tip: check the bed before accepting the room.
Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 September 2012

This hotel is located off of I-68 in the middle of shopping, restaurants, and service stations. The lobby of the hotel, including the staff, was typical Holiday Inn Express. The rooms were okay but not what you would expect for the price. On my next trip, I will browse the area for better deals but, if none are found, I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 July 2012

It was a typical stay with no surprises, which I find more I find more and more is the best kind. It wasn't fancy, but everything was good. The room was clean every day, the breakfast was adequate, and the sleep quality was good. Stayed here for a week in June for work, and I've stayed in pretty much every Morgantown hotel, and I found this one to be one of the best. A little pricey in my opinion for what you get, but it was very vanilla, which is OK.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business