“Decent Enough”

Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Western Massachusetts
“Decent Enough”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

Typical HI Express, the room was clean, bathroom was nice, internet worked fine. The indoor pool looked pretty nice, as did the hot tub. Exercise room was nice as well. Breakfast was typical, not over the top by certainly adequate. The rate was a little pricey for the area, in my opinion, but other than that its a decent place to stay.
There is a Bob Evans and an IHOP nearby, as well as an Outback ( the girls behind the bar are very friendly) and a Ruby Tuesday across the street.

I think I had the same room as Madis S, as the king size bed sunk in the middle, as if the mattress had given up a while ago. I didn't complain, but they really need to replace this thing before some smaller person gets lost in the ravine.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms are on the back side, much quieter, away from the road.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bloomington, il
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

We have stayed here a number of times. Room is clean and staff very nice. Near a couple of restaurants. This last time, the matress on the bed seem to sink towards the middle which was kind of odd and very uncomfortable. Other than that not bad.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgantown, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Dear Madis S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us. I’m glad you found the hotel to your liking and I will pass on your comments about the staff being friendly and helpful to them all, it’s always nice to hear we are getting it right. I apologize for the inconvenience the mattress may have caused you. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, I wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lockport, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

My family and I stayed here one night so I can't comment a whole lot but we arrived latish and were greeted my a very friendly guy at the front desk. We immediately got our room and crashed for the night. The room was clean, sheets were clean and the bed was comfortable. Water pressure was not great but the bathroom was clean. The breakfast was one of the 'express' type meals with pancakes, eggs, sausage, biscuit with sausage gravy, cereal, etc. etc. The dining area was just big enough, the meal was hot and good, service was friendly. Again, we stayed there for a total of 9-10 hours but everything was perfect in my opinion. I would not be hesitant to stay there ever again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Wellington, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

We had 10 Room there and were going to stay 3 weeks but are switching hotels after the first week of nightmares. we were the first full week of January and not only are the matresses in dire need of replacement, the hotel staff needs an overhaul all the way up to management. Of the 10 rooms, we had 1 room get there change stolen, which was in a pile with expense reciepts, also had food from the fridge stolen. (The maid actually open a sealed package of ham lunch meat and took some, and left their half drank pop in the fridge.) Food was taken from another room. A maid was also disgusting enough to use the hairbrush of another one of our employees in yet another room. Several other accounts of maid disturbing belongings. This was reported and not even a simple appology from the management was given. So feel free to stay here if you wish to have all your belongings rifled through and possibly stolen but I recommend any other hotel over this one!

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Steve T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgantown, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Dear Steve T.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced. We are sincerely concerned when situations like these occur, and would like to investigate further. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional information about your stay.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

Located off I-79 in Morgantown, W. Va. This Hotel is fantastically situated near a mall and plenty of restaurants. Ruby Tuesdays, Outback Steakhouse and Wendy's Just to name a few. The Hotel has recently gone thru renovation and is in immaculate condition. The Jacuzzi in my room was much larger than Jacuzzi's in other hotels, the furniture is new , the carpet is spotless, bathroom and tub are big and rooms are spacious. Krissy the Front desk clerk who checked my wife and I into our rooms , was more than friendly and helpful. She helped me locate my priority club account and provided a temporary card as well. Like Krissy , Mary the front desk clerk in the morning was extremely kind and pleasant to help with things and breakfast was the best I ever had at a Holiday Inn Express. Heather who prepared breakfast had a mango drink I have not seen at any Holiday Inn breakfasts anywhere. the mango drink as well as the best gravy I have eaten at a Holiday Inn express almost makes me want to come back just for the breakfast. Anyone traveling thru and needing a room for the night. I strongly recommend Holiday Inn Express Morgantown 605 Venture Dr. the staff is very warm and friendly , rooms are clean and the breakfast is truly great. I also enjoyed the cardboard statue of Elvis behind the check in counter. Definitely more bang for your buck, " thank you , thank you very much"

Room Tip: The Hotel is located off the highway and surrounded by a shopping center and quick access to the fre...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
California, Md
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

I enjoy the stay about 80% of the time.

I will say that the huge upgrade are the rooms... They have redone all the rooms in the past couple years and you can tell... The cleaning staff is great, and will help whenever they can.

The front desk does a pretty good job, except they dont welcome Plat members, by making them feel welcome. I have been Plat for 5 years and on the 30+ visits, I am not recognized anymore.

Dont go during a WVU game, its pricey

The hallways havent been updated, but I am sure they plan on it. Take the stairs, its faster than the elevator...

The pool is small but great for a couple laps.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ch3ss
Midlothian, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

My husband accompanied me for an orientation at WVU and we were both very pleased with our accommodations. The staff were friendly and helpful and the pool and hot tub were very nice. It was in a great location convenient to shopping, restaurants and the university and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple