“Worst Experience Ever!”

Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Nashville, Tennessee
“Worst Experience Ever!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

To start I am disabled and must walk with a cane, my wife and I had reservations for 2 nights( friday and saturday ) - on returning to our room sat. afternoon could not enter our room as the keycard did not work. Went to front desk were they fixed the cards with no apology. Sat. returned to at 12:00 am to find out of order taped to elevator, my room was on 2nd floor and stairs are very hard for me. The young man behind the counter worked on the elevator for one hour but could not get it to work so he said they would pay for a room at another hotel if one was available, the time now is 1:00 am. I turned it down and had to have his help to climb the 2 sets of stairs to get to my room with the king size bed in the shape of a fish bowl. When we checked out the next day not a word was said in apology for the night before. Very poor way to run a business. I will not stay at holiday in again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Greg W
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgantown, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Greg W,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Morgantown. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Travelling across the whole of America staying in different hotels every night and this was one of my favourites. Lovely staff and the manager was incredibly helpful. Well recommended! Pool and gym were clean, as were the rooms and only a short walk to variety of restaurants.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Martinsburg, WV
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I would highly recommend this hotel!! Room was great and continental breakfast is more like a buffet!! James, the manager at checkout was very nice and helpful, even faxing for me! Hot tub and pool was a nice bonus!! You won't be disappointed here!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Kensington, Maryland
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Pros - Breakfast, Indoor pool,bed was awesome!! - memory foam lovers rejoice, free internet and premium cable.

Cons - a little noisy as we were by the elevator. Smoky smell on our non-smoking floor hallway. Did not bother me but may bother others.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Union City, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I feel bad for the ladie at the front desk. They are trying so hard to cator to needs. But this hotel is run down. When you enter the suite it smells so bad. Now there are beatles around our walls. This hotel makes me not even want to stay anywhere near here. I wanted to attend WVU but just from this experience i don't even want to be in this area.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Uc_mario
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgantown, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Uc_mario,

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
San Diego, California
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stay at HIEs a lot when we travel. They are nice because the breakfast is included and there is always free wifi. This one had both of those plus a fitness room (1 treadmill, 1 bike, 1 ellip and a rack of free weights) and a pool (which was REALLY dirty). Rooms were clean, staff was friendly and helpful, free newspaper... it was everything we expect from a HEI but it was $300 a night. That is for sure the most we have ever paid for a stay at a HEI.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank J D
Beckley, West Virginia
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I typically haven't stayed at Holiday Inn chains, however, this place was very economically priced. Room was clean, staff was nice, I agree that the elevator is loud, but you can't object to the price.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business