“Late night arrival with room reserved for wrong date!”

Holiday Inn Express Morgantown
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
“Late night arrival with room reserved for wrong date!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

On July 31, 2014 I arrived in Morgantown around 8:00 pm after a very long drive. Unfortunately, when I arrived at the hotel I thought I had a reservation at I discovered when I booked the room online I had put in the wrong date. It was at the Marriott in Morgantown. They told me they didn't have a room for me that night even though while we stood there someone called in and cancelled a room for that night. Feeling stupid for putting in the wrong date and frustrated that the Marriott didn't really care to help me I went to the car and used my phone to look for a room. I went right to Holiday Inn Express because we have stayed many times at your hotels. When I called I was relieved to find out they had a room available. Upon arriving the desk clerk was so helpful even looking up my awards number for me. She went above and beyond. Her friendly nature and good sprits lifted my sprits. My granddaughter and I were able to have a restful night and good breakfast to set us up for the rest of our traveling the next day. I had to re-book two other hotels (I had also used the wrong dates on them also) for our trip. I cancelled the wrong reservations and re-booked our stays at other Holiday Inn Expresses. You have now become our first choice. I give my thanks and appreciation to the staff and management at the Holiday Inn Express Morgantown. We will see you again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Kentucky
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have been staying at the Venture Drive HEI in Morgantown 3-6 times a year for the past few years.

The grounds, building, common areas, rooms and furnishings have always been more than satisfactory and quite a bargain at the rate. The staff has always been courteous and check in/out painless. On those mornings when all I wanted to do was to get on the road, the complimentary breakfast fit the bill, that extra cup of coffee enough to get me to my first stop. HEI has been a constant good fit for my needs.

This most recent stay, on the 9th and 10th of August, there was an extra surprise! Holiday Inn had upgraded my room from a single king to a small suite, free of charge.

Thank you HEI. Thank you for showing your appreciation for my business by providing me with an upgraded room that had not been booked for the night. Not only did you use a resource that was going to be vacant anyway, you showed that you care.

I appreciate that,

Chuck

Room Tip: "Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hazleton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was one of the only hotels available in Morgantown on the night we were passing through. We booked a Jacuzzi suite which was an odd set up. The small Jacuzzi bathtub was not near the bathroom but out in the open in a corner of the room! We were on the first floor by a door which was noisy. The room was clean but not spotless. The bed was way too soft. Some good notes - the front desk staff were extremely friendly and as a previous poster stated the cinnamon buns at breakfast were delicious.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgantown, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear PAM857,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. It is our pleasure to accommodate our guests needs the best way we can and we are so pleased you were satisfied with the service you received. We apologize for the disappointment the room condition has caused you. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fairfax, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel is pretty nice physically. The beds are good, the mini-fridge and other amenities all worked well. It was pretty clean too. There was nothing fancy but certainly adequate. The better thing about the hotel was the staff. The lady at the front desk was very accomodating and informative and the lady overseeing the breakfast buffet worked very hard to keep the buffet stocked and clean. The buffet itself was pretty standard fare but adequate for folks who want a quick bite to get a running start on the day.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Not a bad place to stop through. Bed were comfortable and breakfast was typical of the Holiday Inn Express with pancakes, eggs, and biscuits and gravy. Love the hot cinnamon rolls. They did pack up early and didn't keep it refilled if you went too close to closing time. Worth the money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Fayetteville, Georgia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Rather nice HI with some upscale furniture. Great location right off the interstate with plenty restaurants in walking distance as is a shoppin center. Great place to sleep but the storms messed up thd sat tv reception.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
James L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Morgantown, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Coinerjpo2014,

We want to thank you for leaving us a review. We appreciate all comments our guests leave us, it only helps us improve our service to you. I am glad to hear our location worked out great for you. However I do want to apologize for any problems you experienced with our TV service. I would have to say our weather has been crazy this year and when we get storms they have tended to be pretty harsh. Again thank you for your time and business and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Thanks

James Locklar
Columbia, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here for one night on our way home from Kentucky. The staff was friendly. Our room was clean and the bathroom was very nice. This hotel is close to the highway and several restaurants which was nice after a long drive. The mattress and pillows were too soft for our taste. There were lots of outlets for charging cell phones and laptops. We even had a fridge and microwave in our room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Lisa L,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We take all of our guests comments and only improve on them. I am glad to hear you have a wonderful stay with us, however I do understand your issue with our pillows, good news is we recently replaced all of our pillows with new bigger and some firmer ones to accommodate our guests wishes. We strive to provide great service and accommodations to our guests. We look forward to seeing you in the future. Again thank you.

James Locklar