Hampton Inn Morgantown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Euro-Suites Hotel(Morgantown)
Residence Inn Morgantown(Morgantown)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsevansdale campusclean roomsoatmealcomplimentary breakfastbreakfast stafffresh fruitruby hospitalmedical centercollege visitwvu hospitalwithin walking distancehotel is locatedwest virginia universityconvenient locationgreat place to staystaff was friendlywould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Made a 2-night stay in Morgantown for business related to WVU. From the outside, the hotel looks at least 30 year old. On the inside, it has gone through obvious recent renovations in the lobby and breakfast lounge areas. Room was clean and comfortable. My standard room had a mini fridge and microwave, though I had no use for either. The desk/work area was about as practical I've seen in some time - a large comfortable space with electrical outlets above the desk and within easy reach, plus overhead lighting, all part of an adjoining closet/hutch. My request for a king bed but two queens was all that was available, and the size of the queen sufficed for myself, I was traveling alone.
I was impressed by the breakfast layout - all "free", or included in the price of the room. I had it two mornings and the second morning did not provide the exact same offerings as the day before. I think one morning the hot dish was an omlette and link sausage, the next it was scrambled eggs and sausage patties. Yes - powdered eggs, the standard fare, but the effort at variety was appreciated.
Directly next door to the Hampton is an Applebee's, which came in handy one night for a few late-night adult beverages, then again the next night for a late-night snack. Nice that it's an easy walk across the parking lot.
It's not 5-star by any means, but a friendly staff, a clean place, and I'd be happy to come back here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Fletch32
Robert G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words. At the Hampton Inn Morgantown we try very hard to make every guest feel welcome and provide a clean comfortable room and facility. If you come see us again please make sure I get a chance to meet you.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

We recently stopped at Hampton Inn in Morgantown, and used our Hilton Honors points for a free night. The room was clean, the front desk girl friendly and the bed was comfy. We had traveled 12 hours, so were in bed at 9:30, but jarred awake at 11:30 by a slamming door. At 3:30 a.m. we were awakened again by very loud talking and laughing in the hallway.
We had another long day of traveling ahead of us, so we arrived for breakfast at the stated time of 6:00 a.m. only to be told the breakfast hostess hadn't arrived, and there would be no breakfast available for another 1/2 hour. Not a really good start to our day - too bad we wasted our Honors points at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nannyOntario
Robert G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

I am so sorry to hear about your experience at our Hampton Inn. I try hard to meet as many of our guests as possible and feel bad I was not able to speak with you during your stay. As you know at Hampton Inn we stand by our product and service by guaranteeing your satisfaction. Please feel free to contact me to discuss how we can better satisfy you during your next visit to Morgantown.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

We were hoping for a clean, hospitable site and were let down. Rug not vacuumed. toothpaste spit on bathroom door and mirror. small rooms that were overpriced. Heavy room doors that slam very loudly. alarm clock did not work. Continental breakfast promised but not provided. Hot room and loud rattly air conditioner. Rude staff. Far from highway - not worth extra drive!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KCgroomer

I wish to apologize for your recent experience at my hotel. I am sorry that I did not hear from you during your stay. As you know at Hampton Inn your Satisfaction is 100% Guaranteed and if you are not satisfied we do not expect you to pay. If you wish to contact me I would be very happy to see that you are 100% Satisfied with how, we at Hampton take care of all of our valued guests.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

An older, somewhat run down property on the edge of the WVU campus. Rooms are small and only moderately clean. Would not stay there again. Not what i expected of a HI.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank beefdoctor
Robert G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Morgantown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hampton Inn. We truly appreciate all the feedback we get from our guests. I feel bad you did not get our cookies, the staff here enjoys making cookies so much they make them almost any time day or night. Please come see us again and we will be sure to have warm cookies delivered to your room.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

I came to this hotel due its close vicinity to WVU Evansdale campus. The cab driver from the airport did not know where it was, and he has to call later to find out the exact location. The room is quite small, but kept clean and neat. The complimentary breakfast was good and sufficient. I have no problem recommending this hotel to anyone who wants a clean and convenient hotel close to WVU Evansdale campus. It takes about 15 mins to walk to the campus.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank asiantraveller101

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate our Hampton Inn. We enjoy reading comments from someone visiting Morgantown and WVU for the first time. I hope when you return to Morgantown you will stop and introduce yourself, I always enjoy meeting our guests. Thank you.