“Disappointing”

Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Morgantown
Pennington, New Jersey
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed for family weekend. Rugs were terribly stained and room never made up on Saturday. No one at desk on Saturday early evening for a long time. People waiting to check in with no one to help them. Cost of the hotel room was outrageous per night for that weekend, no refrigerator or microwave in our room though other rooms had one.

2 Thank Bbr123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Our room was very clean..the staff were very friendly...did not get to try their breakfast as we got in late the first night and overslept and the second we were in a hurry to get to an appointment,,,I did grab a "breakfast on the go" and it was filling...Water, apple, muffin and a fruit bar. We were on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet...loved that the coffee pots were full pretty much each time we wanted a cup of coffee, and they even put out chocolate chip cookies that were very good. We would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Room 327 is on the end and close to the elevators...it's very quiet down on the end
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank WandaB25
Martinsburg, United States
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel needs to update, put refrigerator & microwaves in all the rooms and pay more attention to repairs & clean linens as well as more attention to things that need repaired like a toilet that was unstable. More TV channels would be a big help as well. The desk attendant was very helpful in giving us one free night because of the problems in the bathroom

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Deanna L
Weatherford, United States
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This hotel is overpriced for the age, maintenance, appearance and quality of the rooms and amenities provided. I stay at Hampton Inns around the country and found this one to be the bottom of the barrel. The beds are creak loudly when rolling over and lack of mini-fridge and microwaves in these double bed rooms is very disappointing. Paint peeling from the walls and ceiling in the bathrooms along with mildew spots is horrible. We have stayed at this hotel 3 separate times this year alone and are even more disappointed each time.

Kohler, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 October 2013

After my husband returned from Afghanistan, we were pleased to be able to surprise our daughter during parent weekend at West Virginia University. My husband was under the weather, and really needed some rest on the third day of our trip, Saturday, October 5th. After taking our daughter to lunch, we returned to the hotel to rest - and our keys did not work. There was no clerk at the desk, and a sign read the they were assisting other guests and would return. After 20 minutes of waiting, and my husband perspiring in the chair from fever - I went looking floor-to-floor for a hotel representative. I found a gentleman on the 2nd floor carrying a blanket, and asked if he was the desk clerk. He replied, "No, but I can help you." He rekeyed our keys so we could enter the room. By this time, it was well after 4 o'clock in the afternoon. Imagine our surprise to enter the room and find that we had received no maid service - beds not made, towels not refreshed - nothing. My husband said he just wanted to rest. I went down to the desk to find the same gentlemen, and expressed that I was upset that we had not received fresh linens or maid service, and could this be taken care of after 7:30 p.m., as I was not going to awaken my husband for dinner until then. He wrote it down and said he would "see what he could do." In the meantime - I sent a very nice email to the general manager of the hotel from the business cards provided at the front desk - asking that our room receive maid service after we left; I have still not received a response - two days later. We returned to our room around 9:30 p.m. - and my husband's key did not work again. We arrived at our room - and had still not received fresh linens or maid service, despite my asking for clean linens as my husband was going through anti-malaria treatments from serving in Afghanistan - and was experience the side effects. This was no way to treat one any guest lest a United States Service member who just returned from his third deployment in six years. We will not be returning to the Hampton Inn in Morgantown, WV - a place we will be visiting often over the course of the next four years.

Room Tip: Next time I plan to stay at the Morgan Hotel - great service there when we had dinner Saturday night...
1 Thank Marita S
charleston, United States
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This hotel is an ideal place to stay for WVU football games and events, and that's the only reason I would stay in this particular hotel. I rated it average due to the overall condition of the facility, a little worn out. The staff is wonderful, and the rest of the place is pretty standard.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Charleston, United States
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My family stayed here for a "Family Game Weekend" at WVU in Morgantown. The worst thing was the billing got messed up and family members were embarrased and felt bad over finding out what we paid for the rooms. Otherwise with a few minor exceptions it was a good stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family