“Needs An Upgrade!”

Hampton Inn Morgantown
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Morgantown
Reviewed 4 December 2013

In town on business for two nights. I usually stay at Hampton or occasionally Holiday Inn Express several time a year and this was no comparison with the other Hampton Inns. Room was very cramped and carpet surprisingly frayed & torn where it joined with the tile floor. The TV and some of the furnishings appeared to have been updated. Kudos to the housekeepers in this place as the room was at least clean. I usually find a bottle of water in the fridge or cookies at the front desk in the evening at this brand of property but that wasn't possible due to there being no fridge (or cookies offered for that matter). Bathroom was very dated and in need of serious remodel, but again it was at least clean. All the staff were friendly when passed in the hallways but I had to identify myself as an Honors member at check-in. The
Wi-Fi was cumbersome compared to other hotels as I had to continually re-connect if not online for a while. The icing on the cake was that this hotel must have been a meeting place for construction crews as the noise in adjoining rooms ran late into the night and began again at 5:00 am, subsiding at 6 to 6:30 am with the slamming of hallway doors as they departed for work. I am a business traveler and will be coming to Morgantown again on a regular basis in the coming months. Although the location was excellent for my business in town, I will not stay here in the future. Serious consideration was given to checking out after the first night and finding another hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor and ask for a room away from any potential construction crew reunions.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 November 2013

The Morgantown Hampton Inn continued the outstanding service of every Hampton Inn I have stayed in. This was one of the best exercise facilities I have seen and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. One small suggestion is to heck the elliptical machine as it had numerous squeaks and grinding sounds. The staff was extremely helpful in giving directions on my first visit to Morgantown.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

The employees were very nice and helpful. The room was extremely clean. Included in your stay is a top of the line breakfast. It had the usual bagles, muffins and cereal. It also included eggs, waffles and potatoes etc. I highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stay at the Hampton Inn whenever possible when we're in Morgantown (it books early for games). It's central to Morgantown and near a lot of good places to eat. Next door is an Applebees so you don't even need to drive. The hotel is clean, friendly, with nice beds. Newer TVs and a couch. The staff here is friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I came to Morgantown unplanned. My daughter, a student at WVU, was very ill so I needed to take her out of her dorm and bring her to the hotel. Caroline at the front desk was so helpful and caring. She set us up in a nice, spacious room with a kitchenette which we needed. Caroline even had a note in our room wishing my daughter to get well along with some snacks and drinks. I also love the convenience of Starbucks and Applebee's next door. The Student health clinic was very close too and was convenient since we had to go there during the week.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Hampton in Morgantown. I would recommend that you ask for a queen size bed and small frig if you prefer. We forgot to ask this when making a reservation. With our first room someone had been smoking in the room prior to arrival but they gave us a different room right away.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Comfortable, quiet rooms. Great location. Excellent front desk, and great continental breakfast. Highly recommended. A great fitness room; spacious with good equipment. We would definitely return. We did have a problem with noise in the hallway, but fortunately it was quickly taken care of. 24 hour coffee and tea available in the lobby, which is a nice touch.

Room Tip: Most likely, all the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business